Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

The undead can really screw up your senior year ...

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction. 

My thoughts: This book was by far one of the best reads ever! It had it all… Romance… Humor… Darkness… And above all it was well written and kept me guessing. Jessica is fantastic. A true, down to earth, realistic character that I could relate to even though I’m well past my teen years. What I loved about her was she was not your typical girl in a paranormal novel that just accepts what’s told to her, she questions it, even the hot guy who pursues her. She doesn’t just question it, she refuses to accept it and even goes as far as to get him away from her with a pitch fork! This book is edgy and humorous all at the same time. Lucius is not your classic bad boy, but his dark side is haunting and beautiful. The way he loves Jessica and protects her captures my heart. The end does have a bit of a down side, but I don’t think it could have dark in the title without it. The next part of the book takes place as a free novella on the author’s website and you can go there to read it for free! I think it’s wonderful the author has provided that for her fans. I enjoyed this book so much I gave it a rating of 5 stars. 

Hardcover, 351 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Harcourt

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! =) Great review! I read The Wedding on her website and all it did was make me want this next book even more lol =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a surprisingly enjoyable book. Funny and different. I haven't read the wedding online yet but I plan to. Next book in Jan should be good too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.