Shade (Shade #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready


Shade (Shade, #1)

Shade (Shade #1)

Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.

Hardcover, 309 pages
Published May 4th 2010 by Simon Pulse

(My Thoughts) 5 STARS

 I’ve wanted to read this book ever since it first came out, but never got around to it. So when I saw the second book (shift) in my new release review list, I said okay, time to read the first one (shade). WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG! This is a GREAT book .The love story will tear you up. The romance is beautiful. I also love the way Jeri Smith - Ready portrayed all her teenage charters. By that, I mean they’re real. Their language, romances, and music is true to today’s teens. So I Can't wait to read second book in this trilogy. . I LOVE THIS BOOK!

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to move this up on my to-read list. I hear great things. And when the main character beat Tod Hudson from the Soul Screamers for biggest YA crush I just have to see what it is about. Anyone that can be Tod, it was only by a little bit, must be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.