Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver

Delirium

Delirium (Delirium #1)

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Hardcover, 441 pages
Published February 1st 2011 by HarperTeen
(My Thoughts)  5 STARS!!!!!
 Delirium is one of the years greatest reads. You just can't stop LOVE from happening. And I got to say, I'm glad for that, because the love story between these two is one you'll be rooting for. This is a Dystopian. And I for one am starting to really love these books. This is a must read!!


3 comments:

  1. I got my dystopias confused! I really loved this one too though, such an interesting concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful story. I still think about it often. I cried like crazy! At the end a piece of me died alongside Lena! I am dying for the next book.

    ReplyDelete