Blood Red Road (Dustlands #1) by Moira Young


Blood Red Road (Dustlands, #1) 

Blood Red Road (Dustlands #1)

Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when a monster sandstorm arrives, along with four cloaked horsemen, Saba's world is shattered. Lugh is captured, and Saba embarks on an epic quest to get him back.
Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the world outside of desolate Silverlake, Saba is lost without Lugh to guide her. So perhaps the most surprising thing of all is what Saba learns about herself: she's a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. And she has the power to take down a corrupt society from the inside. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization.

Blood Red Road has a searing pace, a poetically minimal writing style, violent action, and an epic love story. Moira Young is one of the most promising and startling new voices in teen fiction.
.  
Hardcover, 448 pages
Expected publication: June 7th 2011 by Margaret K. McElderry

(My Thoughts)      5   STARS
I love Dystopian novels, and Blood Red Road didn't disappoint me. This book was way more than I expected. The characters, the world, and story plot were totally amazing. The different way they talk was a big plus, and it quickly pulled me into their world and made me believe it was real. Saba and her twin brother Lugh are eighteen. They live in Silverlake with their Pa and little sister Emmi, who is nine. Saba has never seen more than two people in her life, so when the four horseman, which are the Tonton, show up and take Lugh away, she knows she’s the only one who can save him. Saba has to grow up fast and become someone she never she dreamed of becoming to save her brother. She meets Jack, who show her the way to Freedom Fields to find Lugh. Jack is cocky, slick, and a fast talker who’s falling for Saba. The relationship that grows between Saba and Jack is a difficult and beautiful one. It stole my heart .What I also love about this book was the maturity of the characters. The story line was strong, and I believed everything that was happening was real. I really enjoyed Blood Red Road and can say it’s one of my favorite books. It’s definitely going to be one of the best books of the year. I’ll be counting down the days till the second book in Moira Young Dustland’s series is released. Blood Red Road definitely a must read!      

4 comments:

  1. this book sounds amazing! Awesome post. can't wait to read! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This is one of the best books I've read this year, too. I loved everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Penelope, Blood Red Road is a awesome book! Glad you liked the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited! I just picked this up from the library and I love dystopian books!

    ReplyDelete