Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)

Half-Blood (Covenant #1)


The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure-bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.
Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:

Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
Paperback, 281 pages
Expected publication: October 18th 2011 by Spencer Hill Press
 
 
(My Thoughts)    5  STARS!!!!!
Half-Blood reminded me of Vampire Academy only with a Greek Mythology storyline. And that's okay, because I love Vampire Academy. As you read Half-Blood though, there’s no way your're not going to see Rose and Dimitri in Alex and Aiden. The similarities are unmistakable. It took me reading three fourths of the novel . . .and at the last quarter of the story, I finally saw Alex and Aiden as their own characters. I didn't see Rose and Dimitri anymore. Now, with that said, I did enjoy Half-Blood and I have to hand it to Jennifer Armentrout, it’s hard to take a well know series and change the storyline around and make it your own. But she’s done it, and believe me, I will be reading the Covenant series. I do love Seth. He’s creating a problem and major tension for Alex. Seth is a terrific character. He’s a gorgeous, conceited Apollyon, and he and Alex both have a gift for sarcasm. The tongue lashing these two are constantly giving each other is hilarious. Aiden is totally opposite of Seth. He’s dark, keeps to himself, hottie badass pure-blood Sentinel. I love him, too. Aiden definitely has his hands full with Alex in more ways than one. Alex is a beautiful, tough half-blood. She just doesn't know when to shut her mouth. I like this about her, and She’s got it bad for Aiden. I love the romance between these two , but I also like what's going on with Alex and Seth. With a strong, Greek mythology storyline, steamy romance and plenty of action, Half-Blood won me over and I want more. I know you will too. I highly recommend Half-Blood. It is awesome and a must read!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your button on Abbi Glines and just had to visit. Love the button. New Follower and I put your fab button on my blog!

    I love Half-Blood btw. It is fabulous. The only problem with reading it early is waiting longer for Pure. :/ But hey I haven't read VA so now I have some motivation to get to it if it's at all like Half-Blood. Thanks for the review.

    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard fabulous things about this book! Grabbed it for my kindle. I have so much to read so it will be awhile but looking forward to it. P.S. The button is really cute!

    ReplyDelete