The Marked Son (Keepers of Life #1) by Shea Berkley

The Marked Son

The Marked Son (Keepers of Life #1)

 by


Seventeen-year-old Dylan Kennedy always knew something was different about him, but until his mother abandoned him in the middle of Oregon with grandparents he’s never met, he had no idea what.
When Dylan sees a girl in white in the woods behind his grandparents’ farm, he knows he’s seen her before…in his dreams. He’s felt her fear. Heard her insistence that only he can save her world from an evil lord who uses magic and fear to feed his greed for power.
Unable to shake the unearthly pull to Kera, Dylan takes her hand. Either he’s completely insane or he’s about to have the adventure of his life, because where they’re going is full of creatures he’s only read about in horror stories. Worse, the human blood in his veins has Dylan marked for death…
ebook
Expected publication: August 2nd 2011 by Entangled Publishing


(My Thoughts)    5+ STARS!!!!!
WOW! I finished The Marked Son thirty minutes ago and my heart is still racing. This book is amazing. It’s like I took off on the most fantastic paranormal fantasy adventure ride, and still haven't touched ground.

The storyline and plot just don't quit. It keeps taking you higher and higher, and just when you think you’ve reached the top, Shea Berkley gives you another awesome shot of adrenaline. Shea Berkley has definitely got an imagination overload going in this story. The Marked Son had me laughing, crying, angry, heartbroken, and my favorite, swooning :)

Dylan is one hundred percent blow-your-mind awesome guy material. Dylan had my heart breaking for him when his mom abandoned him, and his mess-up life. But now that he founded Kera, the girl of his dreams, who’s shown Dylan who and what he really is, there is no sacrifice Dylan won't make to love and protect her in order to be with her. Kera is from Teag—another dimension—and she’s a head-strong, self-assured girl. And when she sees Dylan, she knows he's her forever love and white knight. Dylan’s two best buds, Leo and Jason, are right by Dylan’s side on this wild, magical adventure. Jason is a wild card, he had me in hysterics with his witting mouth and take on the world. Leo is laid back, easy going kind of guy, but he’s smarter than he seems, and when he meets Lucinda, I laughed so hard I cried. Shea Berkley did a jam-up job describing a guy like Leo in this kind of predicament. I could just see poor Leo wanting to find a rock to crawl under. I love both these guys. They’re funny, terrific , beautiful, and this thing Leo has going on with scary, sensual, sadistic Lucinda, I can’t wait to see more of them!

I wish I was as brilliant and talented a writer like Shea Berkley in order to write this review. I'm just not putting into words how amazingly beautiful this book is. I highly recommend you read The Marked Son. And I’d like to thank Shea Berkley so much for writing Dylan and Kera's story and Entangled for Publishing this Awesome book!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I have this one marked to read soon but maybe I need to move it up a bit. Nice review.

    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job reviewing it! Definitely made me want to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather, Glad you like the review :) The Marked Son, is awesome book.I hope you will enjoy it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually got this from net galley forever ago and just couldn't get into it! I should try again! I mean 5+ stars? wow had no idea!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.