Altered Destiny by Shawna Thomas

Altered Destiny

Altered Destiny


Selia has run her family's tavern since she was fifteen and can hunt and fight the equal of any man. When she rescues a badly wounded man and nurses him back to health, she has no idea she's about to change not only her life, but also the destinies of two peoples…The battered warrior is Svistra—a race of bloodthirsty savages determined to destroy her homeland. Or so the stories claim. Jaden reveals a different truth: how his ancestors were driven into the barren northern mountains. Now they are strong and war parties are pushing south wanting their land back.
The son of a Svistra Commander, Jaden is looking for a way to bring peace to both humans and Svistrans. He tries to ignore his growing passion for Selia, but when she is captured he has to decide what he would be willing to sacrifice to save the woman he loves…
105,000 words
ebook, 320 pages
Expected publication: September 19th 2011 by Carina Press



(MY THOUGHTS)    5 STARS!!!!!
Altered Destiny is one of those beautiful Fantasy novels you just want to curl up with and take your time and enjoy. Shawna Thomas created an incredible world with the humans and Svistra. The characters are just as amazing. In Fantasy Romance novels, I usually love only the two main characters' romance, and I do love Selia and Jaden, they have an amazing romance, but I found myself falling in love with Oren and Commander Nathan. Altered Destiny has a strong, intriguing storyline that pulled me right into this amazing kingdom and fantasy world with beautiful romances, Jaden's brother jealousy, and the war between the humans and Svistra.

Oren is Selia's brother, a gentle giant of young man and, yes, I shed a few tears over him. Nathan is the king's commander in the human army. Nathan gave my heart a bit of a tug of war between him and Jaden for Selia’s affections. But Jaden did win me over in the end. Jaden is a gorgeous Svistra. He has left his home and his race because he doesn't believe in the killing of humans. Selia rescues a wounded Jaden and brings him back to her home to heal, but soon finds herself falling for Jaden and doubting everything she’s been told about the evil blood drinking Svistra. Selia is a twenty-year-old strong and independent woman who can take care of herself and is definitely kick-butt. Selia is the kind of woman I like. She’s strong, but hasn't lost her feminine side, and thanks to Jaden, he brings that out in her. The romance between them made my heart hammer. Jaden and Selia are beautiful in their love and standing together in their fight to bring peace between the Humans and Svistra.

Altered Destiny is what I would consider crossover YA, and I really liked this new YA for me and the older teens. It gives a little more in the romance department, but still keeps it where I like it. There is also plenty of action going on in with different kingdoms and war that's coming. Shawna Thomas has written an amazing fantasy world and beautiful romances that I highly recommend as a must read.

4 comments:

  1. I love the cover and this sounds great! With a five star review from you, it's definitely going on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, I definitely agree on the cover. I love the storyline and romance, Hope you enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,

    Thank you so much for taking the time to read my book. I am so glad you loved it. These are some of my favorite characters. I kinda fell in love with Jaden as I was writing him. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shawna, Jaden is a beautiful character, I really enjoyed reading Jaden,Selia and your Story :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.