Blood Rights (House of Comarre #1) By Kristen Painter

Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1)

Blood Rights (House of Comarré #1)


The lacy gold mapped her entire body. A finely-wrought filigree of stars, vines, flowers, butterflies, ancient symbols and words ran from her feet, up her legs, over her narrow waist, spanned her chest and finished down her arms to the tips of her fingers.

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle’s body bears the telltale marks of a comarré—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world…and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.
Mass Market Paperback, 392 pages
Published September 27th 2011 by Orbit (first published September 1st 2011) 



(MY THOUGHTS)     5  STARS!!!!!
Blood Rights is a Gothic Fantasy and it definitely surprised me. I’ll be honest; I wasn't sure about reading a gothic book. But I’m glad I did. Kristen Painter has made me love the darker fantasy. I would have really missed out on one the most deliciously wicked fantasies I’ve ever read. Painter is fantastic at writing dark. I'm still gushing over this awesome storyline with patron, comarre, and othernatural in this supernatural world. Blood Rights is the most fun I have had in a long time. I loved being pulled into a creepy setting and enjoying the dark and gritty surprised me. I love the beautiful gothic cover too.

Chrysabelle is a Commarre. Her blood is pure and gives power to vampires. For this proposes, she has been raised from birth for the Noble vampires. Chrysabelle is also a kick-butt warrior and when she has to run to American, because of trouble she’s in with the noble vampire, Chrysabelle hires Malkolm, who has been out casted and cursed by the noble vampires for killing his sire is Chrysabelle only hope. Malkolm is dark, dangerous and gorgeous. Definitely my kind of vampire.

Malkolm (Mal) and Chrysabelle has of love-hate romance going on. They both have fallen hard for each other, but not going to admit it to each other. I love the way Mal is so protective of Chrysabelle against anyone who tries to dishonor her. Chrysabelle and Mel's romance is hot even if it doesn’t get to first base in this first book. So of course I can't wait for the second book Flesh and Blood to see if this finally happens for them.

Blood Rights had me gripped into this wicked, twisted, and dark fantasy, and loving every passionate page. I highly recommend Blood Rights as a must read. And I'm so glad I will not have to wait long for the second book in this series Flesh and Blood should be coming out around 25 of Oct. 2011

1 comment:

  1. You had me at wicked, twisted, and dark. ;) This sounds like a good one, it's going on my list! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.