The Hero Always Wins by Robert Eaton

The Hero Always Wins

The Hero Always Wins


The knight's oath is barely off Darcy's tongue, and already the world is collapsing around him. As the demon hordes of Angra-Jyn slaughter their way toward the city, betrayal amongst the knights' own ranks threatens to destroy them before they can even make their stand. But the blood of a hero flows in Darcy's veins. He will not be discouraged by the war he is losing. He will not be dissuaded by the traitorous assassin who continues to strike in the night. He will not give up, even as friends start to doubt him and sanity begins to slip beyond his grasp. Why? Because victory is his destiny. Because he is the hero, and the hero always wins.
Paperback, 232 pages
Published June 22nd 2011 by CreateSpace
 
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)    4 Hearts!!!!
The Hero Always Wins is fantastic fantasy world. Robert Eaton has definitely created a dark, sadistic fantasy world with Knights, Warlocks, and magic. (little to dark for me) There is also a lot of great characters in this story, but the only one that I really started to connect with. And that was the main character, Darcy. But then the author did something I myself don't like (no spoilers) and it totally left me disliking Darcy, and once this happens in a story, I normally can't like the character again. So then I was left with no character that I really could connect to since Darcy is the main character and the first voice I heard in this book.

Robert Eaton definitely created a great fantasy world in The Hero Always Wins. Eaton is also a wonderful writer, and I'm not going to bash this book just because it's not for me. We all have different tastes in what we enjoy reading. When I read the description of this book, I just got the impression of something totally different and this happens, but I do love the cover.

So I will say for those of you who love really dark, sadistic reads, then this is the book for you. You are really going to enjoy and love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment