Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton

Everneath (Everneath, #1)

                   Everneath (Everneath #1)

                                                                  by

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
 
Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: January 24th 2012 by Harper Collins / Balzer + Bray
 
 
 
 (MY THOUGHTS)      5 HEARTS!!!!!
Everneath is an emotional, heart-breaking love story. I was begging please, please through tears for it not to end. Brodi Ashton is an awesomely gifted writer. I felt like I was living this story with Nikki, Jack, and Cole, instead of reading about them. Ashton gives you a story about immortals feeding on the emotions of humans and Ashton delivers that same feeling of emotion to her readers. I felt every emotion of my heart being ripped to pieces right along with Nikki and Jack's love.

Nikki is seventeen and has just come back from the Everneath. Now she has six months to figure out how to get her life back from Cole and the Shades of Everneath. In her last six months on the surface she will finally find out the truth about that night with her boyfriend Jack that sent her running to Cole's arms six months before, but the truth will not free her from the Everneath.

Jack is eighteen and has loved Nikki ever since she was eleven when he tried to get her attention by hitting a baseball at her head. Aww, the sweet things guys do to get a girl’s attention. It takes Jack waiting six years on Nikki to realize he has been in love with her and that she’s been the only girl he ever loved. Jack might have convinced her a little sooner if he hadn’t been known as Mr. hot and heavy with all the girls.

I have to tell you, I fell in love with Jack Caputo. He might have been a player with all the girls while he was waiting on the true love of his life, but boy, when Jack gets HIS Nikki, he loves her hard and forever. Jack is that good-bad boy that makes all us girls drool over. Yes, I used the DROOL word and I’m not ashamed ;)

Cole is a Everliving. He's definitely the bad guy. There’s no doubt about that. Any guy who wants to literally suck the life right out of you can't be good for you, but I just couldn't totally hate him. Cole has mystery about him, and I wanted to find out all his secrets. This first book ended in an intriguing place with Nikki and Cole, and I can't wait to see where Brodi Ashton takes Cole's character in the next book.

Everneath is one intense, emotional suspense, that you will not survive Nikki and Jack's heart-breaking love story of the underworld, Everneath, without shedding tears for your own broken heart. I highly, highly recommend Everneath as a must read.

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is a great review, so glad you enjoyed it. I have this for review from Netgalley, I think I will have yo bump it up the TBR list.

    Carly :)

    http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carly, Glad you liked the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read this! My agent told me I need to because the premise of the book I'm writing now is somewhat similar--not very, but I want to make sure I don't copycat anything. I want my MS to be unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly after reading your comment I can't wait to read Touch Of Death! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.