Sundial by C.F. Fruzzetti, M.I. Pearsall

Sundial

                                  Sundial

                                                          by


Teenager Whitney Forbes thought her biggest problem was surviving high school and determining if there was more to handsome Reid Wallace than just his looks and popularity. She was wrong; her problems were about to get a lot more complicated.

Whitney always knew she was special. But when she discovers she is more special than she ever imagined, surviving another school day takes on a whole new meaning. Caught in the middle of a CIA plot and her undeniable magnetic attraction to Reid, she will need to decide who she can trust and what it means to become the Sundial...before she risks her heart and an alarming plan goes into motion.

Will she have what it takes to not only survive but also prevail? Time brings the truth to light in this epic adventure about love, trust and the process of turning adversity into advantage.

ebook, 0 pages
Published July 7th 2011 by Pure Energy Books
 
 
 
 (MY THOUGHTS)       4 HEARTS!!!!
Sundial has an excellent storyline: teenagers with gifted psychic powers. C.F Fruzzetti and M.I. Pearsall have definitely created a fantastic series. But I do have a few issues with this story. One, there are a few places where the story jumps. For example, they’re at school, and then when I turn to the next page they’re on a boat for the fourth of July. That was a big gap in the storyline for me. What took place between that time? Second was with Reid and his relationship with this girl Karen. This was a hard one for me to overlook. Yes, I understand there’s a secret going on with Reid and Karen that will come out in the next book, but this totally aggravated me. I mean, Whitney and Reid are supposed to be in a serious relationship. Reid has told Whitney he loves her, right, and Reid and this girl Karen were together two months ago. Even spent an hour together behind a locked bedroom door at party. Plus now that Reid and Whitney are supposed to be together, Reid is still flirting with her and giving her rides to school. At a party, Karen yells to Reid "Hope you don’t mind that I wore your T-shirt, Reid". And what gets me is Whitney is pissed, but she never asks him about it. Excuse me, but that’s not real for me. I think any girl would jump his butt on this. There’s no way I would be at a party and some ex-girlfriend that my boyfriend used to go with says that in front of everybody and not ask him about this girl wearing his shirt. I would definitely say: HOW THE HECK DID SHE GET YOUR SHIRT?! And then tell him to kiss my butt, good-bye. It’s been fun, BYE! Then to top it all off, every time Whitney talks to Sean, who has been her friend since grade school, Reid tells Sean not to talk to Whitney and also pushes Sean in the pool at the same party that Karen was yelling to Reid about wearing his T-shirt. Whitney said nothing about it.... nothing! I'm sorry, but this is not going to do it for me. There’s not a girl—even a girl with super-powers—that's not going to be pissed. Now with that out of my system, if the author’s intentions were to get me totally worked up over Whitney’s walk-right-over-me altitude, then she did dang good job at it, because it worked. I am.

I loved everything else about this novel. I even liked Whitney (except this one issue with her) I somewhat liked Reid, even though I see him as a jerk right know in this first book. Their super powers and being in a secret government program with the CIA, and Reid and Whitney being trained for missions I really liked with all this James Bond secret agent and the cold war. I love the nineteen eighty's music theme that is in this storyline. So yes, I would recommend Sundial as a great read, and I will read the next book in this series, mostly to see if Whitney gets a back bone with the Reid and Karen problem. The two authors are fantastic writers and I will be glad to come back and say, man they really got me with the Karen thing and it was amazing what C.F. Fruzzetti and M.I. Pearsall did with the MC’s character development.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.