Destiny's Fire Blog Tour: Mom and Daughter Interview


I would like to welcome YA author Trisha Wolfe to I Heart YA Books! Congratulations to Tris on her debut novel DESTINY’S FIRE which released today! This interview is extra special to me. Not only do I love Ms. Wolfe’s work, I couldn’t be prouder of my beautiful daughter for accomplishing her dream. And I'm so glad I’m able to share this with her today!

 Interview: 

Tris, which character in DESTINY’S FIRE did you enjoy writing the most?

First of all, can I just say how cool it is that my mom is interviewing me? It’s awesome. And, okay, I have to go with Reese. Or Jace. No, Dez. To be honest, I don’t have a favorite to write for. I really do love each of the characters with all my heart, and enjoyed trying to bring out each of their personalities. Jace is very moody. Along with his hidden sensitive/shy side, it was challenging to show that it’s part of his strength as well. Reese makes my heart flutter while writing his scenes. It’s so easy to get inside his head for me. I know exactly what he’s thinking, and he really never holds back. Dez, I probably feel the closest to. Not just because she’s the MC, but because she has this strength about her that I desire for myself. Being able to write from her perspective really makes me dig down deep and search for that in myself. Not that it’s there, but it’s fiction, I can pretend ;) And I also really like writing for Nick and Mr. Liam. Both of them have quirky personalities that are just fun. Lana is a blast, too. I think I like writing about her outfits the most lol.

Was it hard to write a Steampunk novel?

Yes and no. Mom, you were there! Remember all the research and the “OMG, I can’t do this. Who’s going to read this craziness?” Yeah. I really don’t think of DESTINY’S FIRE as a traditional Steampunk novel. I loved certain things about the genre, and I wanted to incorporate those, but I also wanted it to have its own original theme. I definitely wanted to combine the elements of other genres I loved. So I think being able to fall back on comfortable genres such as Paranormal helped. I did a lot of research while writing, and for the things I wasn’t sure would work, I just ended up tweaking it to fit in this world where I made the rules. I feared diehard Steampunkers would eat me alive. But, at the end of the day, this is the story I wanted to write, and the story the characters wanted to tell. I just listen to them.

As an author, do you feel you grow a lot with each novel you write?

Oh, absolutely. DESTINY’S FIRE was the third novel I wrote. The writing and pacing are a far cry from where I started out at book one lol. And no, you don’t get to ever talk about that book just because you read it. It stays buried in the backyard with its sad gravestone. I say that a lot. And people laugh, thinking it’s just something to say. But one day I’ll post the pic of the tiny gravestone I have back there with the name of the novel engraved on it. I actually just completed book number four! Four books in two years. And even comparing book four to DF I can see how much my writing has grown. I just keep looking forward, and keep learning everything I can, in hopes that each reader will find something they can relate to in at least one of my books. That’s the dream.

Destiny's Fire has some steamy romance. Did you enjoy writing Dez and Reese’s steamy parts?

LOL! Uh, yes? YOU made me write them! With all the, “You have to have more kissy scenes.” But of course I had fun writing them =) I even had to stop once in a while and pace, fan myself, and then go back and hit the delete key a million times. I tend to get carried away while writing kissy scenes.

Now, I have to know, which guy is you favorite? Reese or Jace?

I plead the fifth ;) Honestly, I love them both, but in different ways. Each of them has something special to offer, and I couldn’t pick one over the other. I will say that Jace has some interesting things coming in book two with a new character. I’ve had him all to myself for so long, it’s going to be hard for me to share him.

Thank you, Tris, for sharing with us today! I’m so glad you're my daughter, and I’m very proud of the awesome writer you've become.

*blushes* Love you, Mom. Now, let’s stop with the cheese before I can feel the eye rolls coming through the Internet. 



Blogs along the tour are giving away ebooks of Destiny's Fire, bookmarks, and singed bookplates! Hop along the tour to enter these giveaways. 

At the last tour stop, you can enter to win the grand prize! A gorgeous Egyptian Steampunk necklace, a print copy of Destiny's Fire, bookmarks, and a signed bookplate.

17 comments:

  1. Great interview! I'm so happy for Trish. I bought my copy of DESTINY'S FIRE and I can't wait to dive into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kelly! So glad you liked the the interview with Tris :) I bought my copy too this morning, hope you enjoy Destiny's Fire and the romance was for me, got inside pull with this author LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute interview! I love it. And congratulations Trisha on your book release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for Trisha and Destiny's Fire! I've been looking forward to it for a long time now. Thanks for the insider's view. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Heather, I'm so excited for Tris too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! I'm not fan of Steampunk books but this sounds different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Diana glad you liked the interview and it is different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome interview! Can't wait to read Destiny's Fire! I downloaded it on my nook this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Amanda! So glad you liked it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this interview, it made me smile. Mom and daughter. You must be bursting with pride. :) I'm looking forward to reading Destiny's fire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I'm eye rolling for you!! Great interview! What a neat experience for mother and daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...mother and daughter interview! You must be so proud! :) I really enjoyed reading Destiny's Fire too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Carol and Julie, Yeah we had some fun with this interview lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great interview and how cool that is was with your daughter! I LOVED Destiny's Fire and really can't wait to read the next!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview! Can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww i loved this interview. I usually don't read many interviews but this one caught my eye =) I have to agree with Trisha it's hard to choose between Jace and Reese but i think i may have eyes for Reese over Jace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great interview! So much hard work - awesome to see it being paid off! :)

    ashleylittehandprintsdaycare(at)yahoo(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete