The Haunted (MacKinnon Curse #2) by J.A. Templeton


         The Haunted (MacKinnon Curse #2)

                                                                    by

After battling a malevolent ghost that held the spirit of her friend Ian MacKinnon bound to the land for two hundred years, sixteen-year-old reluctant psychic, Riley Williams, felt as if she was finally easing into her new life in Scotland.

Or so she thought.

Laria, the spirit of the witch who had cursed Ian wants revenge for Riley’s interference and she’s bringing along friends—dark entities who thrive on evil.

The one bright spot in Riley’s world is Ian’s descendent, Kade MacKinnon, who could easily be Ian’s modern day twin. The parallels between the two guys are undeniable. As Riley’s relationship with Kade blossoms, she begins to realize Laria has grown in her power since their last confrontation—a power that could very well manipulate the living just as effectively as the dead.

Please note: THE HAUNTED is a mature YA. Due to strong language, mention of alcohol and drug use, cutting, and sexual content, it is not recommended for younger teens.
 
ebook, 1st Edition
Published January 8th 2012 by Julia Templeton
 
 
 
 
 (MY THOUGHTS)    5 HEARTS!!!!!
 I love the MacKinnon Curse series by J.A. Templeton. Templeton, in her first book The Deepest Cut, had my heart pleading for Riley and Ian’s love that could never be, and left me with a broken heart. But with The Haunted, Templeton pieces it back together, but not without tears and eerie chills. Riley is an awesome character. She has faced so much heart break and pain in her sixteen years, but she’s not a quitter. I love that about Riley—her strong-will to keep fighting for her family and the love she thought she could never have, but most of all, for herself. J.A. Templeton is an amazingly talented writer. She has given me the most intriguing, heart-felt story with a beautiful love that is forever.

Riley thought she had gotten rid of Laria after breaking her curse that held Ian earthbound, but that was just the beginning for Riley. With the MacKinnon curse, Riley will fight more than just Laria. Riley is fighting for her life and everybody she loves this time. With Ian gone, Riley is alone now to face the evil spirit Laria, but when Riley meets Kade, who is a descendent of Ian’s, she starts to feel that maybe Ian hasn't left her alone in this curse, after all.

Kade was everything I was hoping for up until the party. Right along with Riley's heart, mine was ripped to shreds. I thought J.A Templeton ripped my heart right out of me with Ian, but what she has happen with Kade and Riley is like pouring salt into an open wound. Dang! (not my first choice word I wanted to use here to express my feeling lol) This was painful to read, but J.A. definitely puts heartache in her storylines and this is what I love about her novels.

I’m also glad that The Haunted was a mature YA. For me, I love where the new YA is going. It’s just more believable with the teens of today and I can't wait until spring for the third book, The Departed, in the MacKinnon Curse. I highly recommend The Haunted as a chilling and heart-melting romance must read.

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I've got to try this series out, Scotland, witches, curses, it sounds awesome! And I love finding great new indie authors. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete