Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)

        Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2)

                                                                  by

Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.
Paperback, 304 pages
Expected publication: March 27th 2012 by HarlequinTeen 




 (MY THOUGHTS)       5  HEARTS!!!!!
 Goddess Interrupted was totally awesome. Well Done, Aimee Carter. WELL DONE! Aimee Carter turned her pen into a mighty sword and wrote a fantastic sequel novel for the Goddess Test series. Carter definitely stirred up my emotions. I wanted to crawl into this novel and knock the Hades out of Henry (I couldn't resist) I thought Aimee Carter had me steaming hot in the Goddess Test with Henry, but this time she had me boiling hot with him, and the cliffhanger ending is driving me crazy. Oh I wish I didn't have to wait another year. But believe me, I will be anxiously awaiting The Goddess Inheritance. I say again, Well Done, Aimee Carter!

Kate is back at Underworld after her six month vacation that she and James took to Greece, and Kate is ready to become Henry's wife and queen. But Kate will have to face her own fears first. Her fear that Henry will never love her, and her commitment to stay with Henry if he never returns her love. But what is the worst thing that could happen to Kate while she’s waiting on Henry? Persephone, Henry’s ex-wife that he’s still in love with, returns. Kate will have to test her own heart this time to find out if her love for Henry is strong enough to go through hell for him.

Kate also has to deal with the scorned goddess, Calliope, and her love for Henry that he rejected. Calliope is definitely teaching Kate that “hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned". Well in this case, like that of a scorned goddess. Kate has her hands full with Persephone, Calliope and Henry. You can bet Kate is finding out that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I got to hand it to Henry. He lives up to his character as the Greek god Hades of the underworld, and he definitely gives Kate plenty of hell. I love when an author’s writing can make me feel all emotions when reading a story, and Aimee Carter has set my on fire. I highly recommend Goddess Interrupted as one hell of a fantastic novel.




                                 TBR:  Goodreads | Buy:  Amazon | Buy: Barnes & Noble

                                                      Also see review for: The Goddness Test


3 comments:

  1. I need to read this series..your review has me excited to read them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimba, I so glad you liked the review. This second book is soooo good! I hope you will enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie! Fabulous review! Your enthusiasm is making me super excited for this book! I can't wait to read it!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, as always you did a wonderful job!

    And Aimee is just the sweetest, kindest and coolest author EVER! <3 her!!!

    ReplyDelete