The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles #2 by Kady Cross


The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2)

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles #2)



In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.
Hardcover, 416 pages
Expected publication: May 22nd 2012 by Harlequin 



(MY THOUGHTS)       
 When I read Kady Cross’s first novel in her Steampunk Chronicles The Girl in the Steel Corset I wasn’t impressed, simply because I felt the Steampunk elements far outweighed the romance. And I wanted more romance to balance out the heavy plot. But I did love the six characters in the Steampunk Chronicles. Now with that said, I really enjoyed Kady Cross' sequel The Girl in the Clockwork Collar . So I would like to give Kady Cross praise on this second novel. I love the Steampunk storyline, her talent as a writing, and some much loved, swoon-worthy moments.

Finley is off to America with Griffin and the rest of Griffin's crew to rescue Jasper from the bounty hunters that came to England to arrest him for a murder that they claim he did back in America. When Finley and Griffin arrive in New York, they find out what Jasper was hiding from them in England, and murder is the least of Jasper's problems.

Jasper, who I loved so much in the first book, with his fun attitude, his hilarious sense of humor was the comic relief. But this time, he brought me tears instead of laughs. Mei is the girl Jasper left behind in America when he went to hide out in England. He thought this would protect Mei from his criminal past that he was running away from. Jasper is going to find out love is blind and even when you see the truth you can't tell your heart to stop loving.

Jack Dandy was the only character not in this sequel novel. I really missed Jack. He's the cool bad/good guy. I hope he will be in the next novel. The rest are all here: Finley, Griffin, Sam, Emily and Jasper. Even though this was Jasper’s story, Finley and Griffin finally did acknowledge their feelings for each other and I would love to see their romance go deeper in the next novel.

If you enjoy Steampunk, you will not want to miss out on The Girl in the Clockwork Collar. I recommend as fantastic Steampunk read.


                                                          
                   

                   Author Website | TBR: Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble




 
 

9 comments:

  1. I may have to check these both out. Thanks for the heads up on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've read more than one steampunk book (which I loved), so I really need to pick the first one up. And according to your review, I've got to get the second one, too. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might know that steampunk book you're talking about Victoria and I have to say I really loved that one too! ;)

      Delete
  3. I have never read a steam punk novel, and I haven't heard about this series but this one sounds mighty good! Although you didn't really like the first book I'm adding these 2 to my TBR list :D Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Kayla, Steampunk's novel are great reads. I just like less gadgets and machinery in my Steampunk reads :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you liked this one! Look for Finley and Griffin's relationship to deepen in the upcoming books, as well as the relationship between Emily and Sam. Plus possible romance for Jasper and one for Jack as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kady, I enjoyed The Girl in the Clockwork Collar. Thank you so much for this steampunk novel. I'm so glad to hear about Finley and Griffin's romance along with Sam and Emily. I love Jack's character and I definitely can't wait to see his romance, but would of loved to have seen him and Finley get together(just my bad girl side lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this book not too long ago in the mail! I am hoping to start it soon. I am really starting to enjoy the whole steampunk theme within novels!! I would love for you to stop by my blog if you get a chance, as I am new to the book blogging realm. Feel free to leave any comments or advice you may have for me!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    (New Follower)

    ReplyDelete