The Hunt (The Hunt #1) by Andrew Fukuda

The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)

            The Hunt (The Hunt #1)

                                                    by

Don’t Sweat.  Don’t Laugh.  Don’t draw attention to yourself.  And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.

Gene is different from everyone else around him.  He can’t run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn’t hurt him and he doesn’t have an unquenchable lust for blood.  Gene is a human, and he knows the rules.  Keep the truth a secret.  It’s the only way to stay alive in a world of night—a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.

When he’s chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene’s carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him.  He’s thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible—and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever—but is it worth the cost of his humanity?

Hardcover, 1st USA Edition, 293 pages
Expected publication: May 8th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin 



 (MY THOUGHTS)     
The Hunt isn't your gorgeous, sparkling vampires. Andrew Fukuda has definitely given us a vampire version hunger game with these blood-sucking, flesh-eating vampires. The Hunt is eerie, weird (good weird) and one of the creepiest novels I have ever read. Fukuda has created an unusually weird way of kissing and laughing when it comes to these vampires, it definitely freaks me out. The Hunt is an awesome novel and Fukuda has packed it to the max with action, and I love action. Gene is another reason I love The Hunt. Gene is a beautiful character, I love that The Hunt is told from a guy's POV seeing Gene's feelings really made this story for me. As you can see from all the "loves" in this review, I really enjoyed The Hunt. Andrew Fukuda has written an awesome, creepy story, and these vampires will definitely not have you gushing over them.

Gene is a human pretending to be a vampire in this vampire world, and he's done a good job at keeping himself alive until he's chosen to be one of the few vampires for The Heper Hunt, it becomes almost impossible for him to hide his human identity and not become the main dinner course. This heper hunt has it upside. For the first time since his family died, Gene will meet humans (Hepers) that haven't lived among vampires. Gene will see humans aren't the stupid animals that he been taught his whole life that are just raised to be food for vampires.

Gene will finally get closer to the girl he has been crushing on since middle school, but never would take Ashley June up on any of her advances for fear that she would find out he's human and become her lunch. Fukuda surprised me with Ashley’s character, but I'm still not sure I have figured her out. There are still some things that hasn’t been answered, and I will have wait until the next book to see if I'm right. Ah, love the mystery!

The Hunt is a freakishly awesome, action-packed novel with these fiendish vampires. It definitely rid me of the image of the Twilight vampires. I recommend The Hunt as a must read.


                                                                  
     Author Website | TBR: Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble







 

7 comments:

  1. I have this one on my to-read list and I can't wait to read it! So I'm especially glad to hear that you call it a "must read". Love action-packed stuff and evil vampires, no sparkling going on here haha. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linny, definitely no sparkling vampires with this book! :) Can't wait to see what your thoughts are on this one! :)

      Delete
  2. I just finished it, and totally loved it..just had to pop in and let ya know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved The Hunt too Kimberly, Can't wait to read your review and see if the kissing and laughing freak-you-out too! :)

      Delete
  3. Debbie this sounds so awesome! I love your review :) A human pretending to be a vampire??? I really have to read this! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts :) I've seen this around but it really hasn't caught my interest until now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love the review Kayla! Yes, The Hunt is one you will want to but on your TBR list! :)

      Delete