The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

       The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1)

                                                                       by
 
In a future world, Vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.
 
Hardcover, 485 pages
Expected publication: April 24th 2012 by Harlequin Teen 
 
 
 
 (MY THOUGHTS)           5 Hearts!!!!!
The Immortal Rules is wickedly awesome. Julie Kagawa has definitely written another fantastic series. Kagawa has created a massive dark dystopian vampire world with so many amazing characters. But I do have my favorites. Kagawa gave the vampires what they’ve wanted for a long time: the power to rule the world. No more sneaking around in the shadows for these vampires. Its the humans turn to be last on the food chain in the sadistic world ruled by vampires . Kagawa also shows us her dark side—a very wicked, dark side, and one of those dark characters I really enjoyed was Jackal. Jackal is beautifully cruel. Yes, he's a sick, sadistic psychopath vampire, but I can't wait to see more of him. Julie Kagawa won my heart with Meghan and Ash's passionate romance in Iron King, but Kagawa has stolen it with the dark, seductive romance between Allie and Zeke in The Immortal Rules. Kagawa also left me hanging on one heck of cliffhanger with Allie and Zeke's romance. I'll definitely be waiting on the next book in the Blood of Eden series.

Allie is nobody’s property. She refused to take the registered mark of protection from the Vampire Prince. The mark that would allow her to have food, but it would also make her the food. And that's one thing Allie will never become a blood slave to the vampires of the New Covington. Allie is unregistered, and that means she has to survive on her own, hiding and stealing food. But Allie's scavenger life is a dangerous way to live, and when she’s faced with the only thing she fears, which is death, Allie will choose to become what she hates the most: a vampire.

Allie soon discovers her new life as a vampire is more dangerous than her life as an unregistered, and she has to leave sector four before the Vampire Prince find her. Allie meets Zeke and eleven more humans that are on their way to find Eden. Allie is still trying to hold on to her human self and not give in to the monster inside her. Zeke is Allie's hope for not giving in to the monster inside, but Zeke hates only one thing. And it’s a vampire.

The Immortal Rules is a dark, blood-chilling world where vampires are the master,and humans are the slave, with a forbidden romance that will capture your heart. I highly recommend The Immortal Rules as a must read. We’re also given an excerpt of The Lost Prince at the end of this novel, and I’m already in love with this bad boy Ethan.
 
 
                    Author Website | TBR: Goodreads | Buy: Amazon | Buy: Barnes & Noble
 
 
                                        Enter Giveaway click here:  The Immortal Rules
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed this one! I've been seeing mixed reviews for it, but I can't help but being excited for it since the description sounds amazing. Anyway, thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, despite my reservations about 'another vampire story', this sounds really good. I love the concept of her having to discover how to be what she despises most. I think I'll check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Debbie. I loved it too. My favourite character was Kanin. I love a dark broody vampire lol. I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you enjoyed this one/ so far its intriguiung

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAH why do I keep reading these reviews!!? I have the book and I can't read it for a few weeks! WEEKS!! Damn. it! *dies*

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.... I have this book sitting on my shelf... well my drawer actually and I REALLY want to read it!! But I can't, because of the books I have to read for review! AGHHH! I so can't wait to sink my teeth into this book, and your review has made it ten times worse lol! I really like the sound of the romance going on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book was utterly fantastic. I loved the dark, gritty nature of the book and loved that, even in the darkest times, there was always hope. It was actually quite a beautiful story. It had fantastic characters and plot arcs and I know that Kagawa definitely has a fan for life when it comes to this series.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.