Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Of Poseidon

                      Of Poseidon

                                                  by

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.

Hardcover, 324 pages
Expected publication: May 22nd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends 



(MY THOUGHTS)     
If you think the cover of Of Poseidon is beautiful, just wait till you start reading this amazingly beautiful novel. Anna Banks has written a captivating story. The romance between Galen and Emma will capture your heart. I could not put this novel down. Anna Banks’ writing is beautiful. This is the best word to describe this novel perfectly…"Beautiful". Of Poseidon is told from Emma’s and Galen's point of view, and this made the story so much deeper for me. I love to see both characters’ thoughts in a novel. And to see what Galen was going through with his feeling for Emma, and the same for Emma, to see her feelings for Galen, just made my heart break for these two. I wasn't ready for this book to end, and with the cliffhanger ripping my heart out for Galen, I will be waiting for the next book to mend it. *Sigh*

Emma’s summer vacation to Florida with her best friend Chloe turns into the nightmare she never wanted to live, especially after her father’s death two years before. When she meets Galen, the most gorgeous guy she’s ever seen, on this vacation, then he shows up at her school, she soon realizes the nightmare is only just beginning. Galen has to find out if Emma is the gift of Poseidon that will reunite the house of Poseidon and the house of Triton. But Prince Galen isn't ready for this twenty first century thinking girl, and Emma’s not about to take orders from this prince of the sea.

Galen is an awesome guy, even if he is behind the times with Emma and her world above the sea. But one thing stays the same no matter which world or time you live in, and that's love. Galen is going to have to sacrifice what he loves the most to save his people and his brother, but Galen’s sacrifice might be more than he can live with. Galen’s and Emma’s romance took my breath away. Galen is the kind of guy that all us girls wish we could be romanced by. His love for Emma is one of protection: no one will take what is his. I love Galen's old-fashion chivalry and the way he loves Emma. Anna Banks had my heart swooning for Galen, and wishing for my own Prince Galen.

There’s also another romance going on with Rayna, who is Galen's sister, and Toraf. This couple is the hilarious side romance to Galen’s and Emma's heart-melting one. I love Anna Banks for giving me two romances to swoon over: one for tears and one for laughs. Rayna and Toraf will have you laughing, but I did feel so sorry for Toraf at times. Although there's no way you can not help but to fall in love with Toraf, Toraf takes a lickin’ and keeps on going, determined to win Rayna's heart

Of Poseidon is a beautiful romance of Galen’s sacrifice for his love for Emma with a fantastic adventure with merfolk of the sea. I have to give a teaser to show a little of who Galen’s and Emma's characters are:

"He can't even find his class in a school with only three halls. That he found me clear across the country seems more miraculous than a push-up bra."

I highly recommend Of Poseidon as a must read. 



                                                             
                  

    Author Website | TBR: Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble





 
  

16 comments:

  1. I could not agree more! I absolutely ravished this book. Great review. I loved Galen and Emma's relationship. Of Poseidon is definitely a must read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kristen that you agree! :) So glad you loved it too! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful review Debbie, reading this review has made my anticipation for Of Poseidon reach SKY HIGH! This book sounds stunning and I LOVE Romance :D Ahh, I so can't wait to read this!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts on this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kayla, Glad you liked the review! :) You will defintely want to put Of Poseidon on your TBR list!! :)

      Delete
  3. LOL! I love that line from it. Sounds like a must read for sure. I'm adding this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather that's just the tips of how great these two are! You will enjoy this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love alternating POVs. I love to get inside both of the main characters heads. Emma and Galen both sound amazing and like a romance I will enjoy. I've heard it does have a lot of laughs which I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing what's going on in the guy's head. That just makes the romance for me! ;) There's plenty of laughs and tears in this novel Jennifer! :)

      Delete
  6. This one's been on my to-read list for a while, and I've seen a lot of people getting to read it lately. Glad to see that you liked it so much! Your review just makes me more excited to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Linny it's on your to-read list. I feel sure you're really going to love this one! :)

      Delete
  7. Great review!! I've been dying to get my hands on this one but so far no such luck! But at least the release date is not that far away.. Not I'm even more excited to read Of Poseidon!
    I also love alternating POVs because it makes the novel more alive somehow if you know what I mean :)

    Rachel @ Books to Consider

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I definitely know what you mean Rachel! So glad you enjoyed the review :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this looks good. An awesome review. :) One the TBR list it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, you will definitely want to put this one on your to-read list! So glad you liked the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since you love romance, you might like this Janet Evanovich quote Evanovich quote

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog all the time, I really do appreciate it. :)

    I see your next read is going to be Dark Kiss. I have that one too but haven't gotten to read it yet. Maybe I should read it next too and then we can compare thoughts! I've heard mixed reviews on it, but I really liked Michelle Rowen's Demon Princess series so I have high hopes for it. I guess we'll find out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.