Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy #2) by Veronica Roth


Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

      

      Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy #2)

  
                                                 by

One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.

 Hardcover, 525 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen 



(MY THOUGHTS)
 
 I'm going to start my review of Insurgent with a snippet from the book:

“Insurgent,” he says. “Noun. A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as a belligerent.”

Yeah, that absolutely describes who Tris is perfectly, along with having a mouth that doesn’t hold back. She's a tiny, petite girl who's not afraid take on any six-foot, muscled guy. Tris is a kick-ass heroine. She’s an awesome character and I loved her in Divergent, and Veronica Roth did not fail me with Tris' character in Insurgent. Roth just let the head-strong and tough girl that Tris is loose in Insurgent and I love it. I also love Four (Tobias) and I’m so glad I got to see more of who Four is in Insurgent. The only thing that could have made it better for me would be to hear from Four's POV in this novel. I would’ve loved to have seen what was going on in Four's head with his thoughts and feelings for Tris, especially at the end of Insurgent. I know Four had to be going insane with Tris. Tris and Four are absolutely fantastic together. They are two sticks of dynamite, put them together and you get one heck of an explosion, and their love for each other is just as hot…and boy, did Four show his love for Tris.

Here's a teaser to show why I love these two:

I am his, and he is mine, and it has been that way all along. He stares at me. I wait with my hands clutching his arms for stability as he considers his response. He frowns at me. “Say it again.” “Tobias,” I say. “I love you.” His skin is slippery with water and he smells like sweat and my shirt sticks to his arms when he slides them around me. He presses his face to my neck and kisses me right above the collarbone, kisses my cheek, kisses my lips. “I love you, too,” he says.

I couldn't show all what took place between them in this teaser above, but believe me, there’s plenty more where that came from.

Tris is dealing with grief over the death of her mom and dad. And the guilt for killing Will, along with trying to find out the truth behind the war with the Dauntless and the Erudite factions. To discover that truth, Tris will have to trust the one person she hates, and trusting that person is going to mean she’ll have to betray the one she loves and his trust in her.

Four has trust issues going on. With a mother who walked out on him and left him behind and an abusive father, and the last thing he needs is doubt with the one person he thought he could trust. Tris, who he loves with all his heart and who he would die for. But when Tris sides with the person Four has been against his whole life, the person she knew he hated, Four will finally have to deal with his own trust problems. Four's trust of Tris will be put to the test, will he believe in the girl who would have died instead of killing him, or will Tris' betrayal make him question whether he ever truly knew her.

Insurgent has an incredible storyline filled with action, drama, beautiful romance, and awesome characters. Veronica Roth is an amazingly talent writer, and I have fallen in love this amazing story with Tris, Four, and this dystopian world of the five factions. I highly recommend Insurgent as a must read.


            Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble


  
         
 

4 comments:

  1. I AM SO DYING TO READ THIS, ever since I read Divergent I have wanted to get my hands on this! Great review, I'm glad to see you LOVED it and I know that since you loved it I will! Thanks for sharing this wonderful review Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Kayla :) and I know you will love it! :)

      Delete
  2. This makes me want to get Divergent and read it NOW. Ah, I need more time in my days.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel Brandi :) I hope you find the time, cause this is one series you definitely don't want to miss out on :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.