Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2) by Stacey Jay


Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2)

  Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2)

                                              by

All will be revealed for fans who have breathlessly awaited the sizzling sequel to Juliet Immortal. This time Romeo takes center stage and gets one chance, and one chance only, to redeem himself.

Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.

Hardcover
Expected publication: October 9th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Reader 




(MY THOUGHTS)
 Romeo Redeemed is absolutely awesome. Stacey Jay took me on the most amazing and twisted rollercoaster ride in this conclusion to the Juliet Immortal series. All I could do was hold my breath and hang on. Jay has taken Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and turned it into a masterpiece for today’s readers. She’s also given Romeo a personality that I always imagined he'd have, and that I finally got to see in Jay's version of Romeo. I love that Jay wrote a novel that answered the questions I've always had: was it lust or love that Romeo had for Juliet? And did they both harbor a little bit of revenge? I also love Stacey Jay’s style of writing, too. She’s an awesome writer. I found myself gliding through the beautifully written pages of this novel. Thank you, Stacey Jay, for an incredible love story, and a Romeo I will always love.

Romeo was a Mercenary, which means he fought dirty, killed for what he wanted, but is now cursed to be a rotting corpse. Romeo is given one last chance to redeem himself and become an Ambassador. But this redemption doesn't make him any better of a person than when he was a Mercenary. Romeo’s time is running out, and he has to seduce the girl whose very life he took ,so she will fall in love with him. Romeo the seducer will become the betrayed, and he will know how it feels to look into the eyes of the one you love right before they betray you. For Romeo, redemption is not going to be an easy path to take, and death just might have its upside for this twisted tale of time and space love.

Romeo Redeemed is a dark, twisted, sadistic love and selfish love of oneself that spans time and space, but it's also about discovering that it’s never too late for a person to find redemption through true love and forgiveness. That's the true power of redeeming oneself. I highly recommend Romeo Redeemed as a must read, the wickedly dark love story behind Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet love.


         Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble  



                                                         

10 comments:

  1. Swooning over that gorgeous cover and this wonderful review.....

    I'm seriously jealous...you got to read it and i'm requested this twice from both Netgalley and Edelweiss and they still won't accept my request... :(

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you didn't get Romeo Redeemed :( but it's definitely one book you should buy, worth every penny! or dollar :)and that sexy cover is to swooooon over! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh..Debbie I have to read book one and i got this arc..so i didn't peak at your review..but i was curious about whether or not you liked it..so i scrolled down to see your rating..yippie! i am really looking forward to reading this..but alas it will be much closer to release date due to scheduling..bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I just couldn't wait. Had to read it and I loved it, awesome book!

      Delete
  4. I love book one so I was just checking for a sequel and saw your post :) I'm so excited! How did you manag to get an early copy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love book one so I was just checking for a sequel and saw your post :) I'm so excited! How did you manag to get an early copy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tim, I so glad you love the first book and I know you will love this one too! I'm get early copy's of book from Netgalley, the publisher puts their book up for book reviewers for request to read and review their books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always questioned whether Romeo and Juliet wanted revenge too! Love the review, I like that Romeo gets a second chance to redeem himself! Oh and I love romance too... I think I saw the word "seduce"?? Yep, I'll definitely have to check this out :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing follow up. Seriously if you have not started this series yet you must go now and read Dead on the Delta! These 2 books will totally suck you in. I love when I can say the second book is as awesome if not more awesome then the first.

    ReplyDelete