The Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler


The Shapeshifter's Secret

         The Shapeshifter's Secret

                                             by

Julia is finally discovering what–not who–she is.

Like any sixteen-year-old, Julia's used to dealing with problems. From her overprotective father to her absent mother to a teacher who definitely has it in for her. But everything changes when Julia's reactions become oddly vicious and angry---more animal than human. This action-packed adventure has it all: humor, romance, and a plot that will keep you guessing to the very last page.

Paperback, 1st Edition, 328 pages
Expected publication: June 12th 2012 by Cedar Fort 


(MY THOUGHTS)
  The Shapesheifter's Secret sucked me in and I was glued to the pages, needing to know how this was all going to turn out for Julia. Heather Ostler’s writing style is so enjoyable and clear. She had me totally intrigued with this secret world of the shapeshifters. The characters were all well developed in their personality and the romance is so puzzlingly beautiful. The romance between Julia, Terrence and Caleb is definitely one I will have to wait until the next book to figure out. Ostler is going to have to do something really awful in the next book to make me change my mind on who I want to see Julia with. Heather Ostler has written a fantastic novel with action, dark magic, and mystery in this secret world of the shapesheifters.

Julia is not who she thought she was, and Caleb, the new gorgeous guy at school, is really messing with her mind. But it’s not going to be in the romantic way that she thinks. Oh, Caleb’s going to sweep Julia off to a magical world with a castle, but this is no happily ever after fairy tale. Julia and her father are the last royal bloodline of Siron Feelious. And now that Julia is sixteen, her body is changing…but she never imagined it would change so much to where she’d walk on four legs. Her father’s been keeping a secret from her, and he will now have to reveal the truth of who they are and the secret world of Ossai, which they come from and now have to go back to.

Caleb is with the Solider Union who protects Julia, keeping her safe from the Guild. Terrence is with the Solider Union, too. Julia starts to fall for Caleb, but when she discovers Caleb hasn't been up front with her, she begins to have feelings for Terrence. This is where their relationships with each other starts to drive me crazy, and I’m going to have to wait for the next book to figure Caleb out. But I will say Caleb has me really wondering about what he's done in this first book, and he’s going to need a good reason for it.

The Shapeshifter's Secret is about a girl who discovers the truth of who she is, and the secrets of her life and who she will become. The romance between Julia, Caleb and Terrence has me so completely consumed that I just got to know what secret is Caleb still not telling Julia. I recommend The Shapeshifter’s Secret as one you will want to know. 





         Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble                                                     









13 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool read. I love shapeshifters..and this looks like another love triangle..eek gads! Loved your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shapeshifters too Kim! This is a very different triangle and I got to find out what Caleb is up to! ;)

      Delete
  2. I am glad to see a book about shapeshifters & the cover is gawgeous.
    Thanx for the cool review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see one too! I really enjoyed this book and I agree the cover is gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  3. Julia and Terrence... that drove me crazy too. I just didn't feel the connection between them. "/

    Aleksandra @ Divine Secrets of a Little Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was okay with Terrence and after what Caleb pulled, I was glad to see Julia was strong enough girl to go on with a relationship with Terrence :) but yes it did drive me crazy at times with Caleb lol! Definitely want to see what Caleb up to in the next book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this one from NetGallery awhile ago, so I'm glad to hear you really enjoyed it! I've been hearing mixed reviews so I was getting worried. LOVE the cover. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Linny!I loved this book from the first page! Can't wait to read your review! :)

      Delete
  6. Great review Debbie. This sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really really good Debbie! I am super interested in the Shape shifting and the romance of course! I love your review of it, I love that you can't wait to find out what that "secret" is :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kayla so glad you like the review! Yes, going crazy wanting to know what Caleb has to say, but didn't get the chance. I love shapeshifter books too!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much Debbie for the Review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, You're so very welcome! :) Thank you for The Shapeshifter's Secert and for Julia, Terrence, and Caleb's romance! ;)

      Delete