Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls # 1) by Krystal Wade


Wilde's Fire

        Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls #1)

                                                        by

“There is no pain in this death, only peace, knowing I am going to die with the one I love the most.”—Katriona Wilde.

Katriona Wilde has never wondered what it would feel like to have everything she’s ever known and loved ripped away, but she is about to find out. When she inadvertently leads her sister and best friend through a portal into a world she’s dreamed of for six years, she finds herself faced with more than just the frightening creatures in front of her. Kate’s forced to accept a new truth: her entire life has been a lie, and those closest to her have betrayed her. What’s worse, she has no control over her new future, and it’s full of magic and horrors from which nightmares are made. Will Kate discover and learn to control who she really is in time to save the ones she loves, or will all be lost?

Paperback, 299 pages
Published May 13th 2012 by Curiosity Quills Press (first published March 12th 2012) 



 (MY THOUGHTS)
 Wilde's Fire is just one of those books I couldn't connected with. I can't say I loved, liked, or even hated it. And I'm really trying to figure out why. I asked myself if it was the storyline? Nope. Was it the characters? Nope. Was it the romance? a little, but it still was a good romance. I did have a problem when the MC would ask a question and was told, “ I can't tell you now, but I will tell you later” by whoever she was talking to…Hmmm. This I do not like when I read a book. Nope, sure don't. And after this happens about six or so times, I started getting a little frustrated and answering Kate myself, saying, "Nope, can't tell you now, Kate". When this happens in a book, it makes me think either the author hasn't figured out their own story yet, or they’re trying to give the book a bigger word count. The other thing I had a problem with was Kate's best friend Brad, whose character starts out good, then turns bad, then good again. Why? All because Kate is supposed to be in love with Arland? But Brad has loved her since grade school, but has kept his feelings hidden from Kate. So yep, can't have her guy friend confused about their relationship. Wade did explain how Kate felt about her and Brad's relationship, but I wondered, Why have Brad in this situation and why have him good, bad, then good again? Why have me like him, hate him, then like him again? I mean, did I have to hate him because Kate's in love with Arland, then why have me like him again? Just leave Brad as a good friend to Kate, who wants to stand by her side and help fight the darkness? Because this love/hate thing is not winning me over, and I’m just as confused as Brad.

Kate's parents left Encardia when she was a baby so they could protect her and keep her hidden from the Darkness. A seer from their world prophesied that Kate is the Light who will save Encardia from the Darkness that's at war with them. Kate has lived in our world and has no ideal about who she really is, but she’s had dreams her whole life about a guy she loves in some different place. So when Kate, her sister Brit, and Brad go on a camping trip, they find a cave under the water where they’re swimming. When they go through the entrance of the cave, it transports them to another world. Kate realizes this is the place of her dreams, and the guy of her dreams is real and his name is Arland.

Kate discovers who she really is, and Arland, who she’s loved all her life, is her protector in this world. She’s destined to save this world from the Darkness, who's is Dughdal of the underworld. Kate soon learns her magic--which makes her the Light--comes from the essence of her and Arland’s love. Kate and Arland's love is the magic of Light that will save their world and conquer the evil Darkness.

Wilde's Fire is a novel that I feel fourteen to sixteen-year-old girls who love fluffy romance will enjoy. Or, even anyone one who loves fluffy romance would enjoy. I'm certainly not saying that it's anything against this novel, because I did enjoy parts of Wilde's Fire, but I also was left with parts that confused me. For anyone who loves fluffy romance, I think you will really enjoy Wild's Fire . I recommend Wilde's Fire as a okay to good read.


              Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble

 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean it does get annoying when characters keep getting told I'll tell you later or I can't tell you repeatedly, but I think I may check this out because I do enjoy fluffy romance(:

    Thank you so much for this in depth review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Debbie! It sounds like this book wasn't very well planned out, with what you were saying about the "I'll tell you later" answers gallor and the random love-hate-love with Brad. Not a fan of fluffy romances either.. I think I'll be skipping this one. Even if it does have some good aspects, I've come to find that the "meh" books are worse than the ones I hate becuase then I can't get into it but then can't dislike it enough to be able to DNF guilt free. If that makes any sense xP

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.