Once (Eve #2) by Anna Carey


Once (Eve, #2)

                   Once (Eve #2)

                                                 by
 
When you're being hunted, who can you trust?

For the first time since she escaped from her school many months ago, Eve can sleep soundly. She's living in Califia, a haven for women, protected from the terrifying fate that awaits orphaned girls in The New America.

But her safety came at a price: She was forced to abandon Caleb, the boy she loves, wounded and alone at the city gates. When Eve gets word that Caleb is in trouble, she sets out into the wild again to rescue him, only to be captured and brought to the City of Sand, the capital of The New America.

Trapped inside the City walls, Eve uncovers a shocking secret about her past--and is forced to confront the harsh reality of her future. When she discovers Caleb is alive, Eve attempts to flee her prison so they can be together--but the consequences could be deadly. She must make a desperate choice to save the ones she loves . . . or risk losing Caleb forever.

In this breathless sequel to "Eve," Anna Carey returns to her tale of romance, adventure, and sacrifice in a world that is both wonderfully strange and chillingly familiar.


Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: July 3rd 2012 by Harper Collins 
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
  I love, love, love Once. And for all of you who have read Eve, you know what the three “loves” mean. Anna Carey is an awesome, awesome, AWESOME! writer and she has written an irresistible series with Eve. I couldn't believe Carey could leave me on a more heart-breaking, torturous cliffhanger than she did in Eve, but yes she did it again arrrrrr! Eve and Caleb are my kind of YA couple. Eve is a strong, take-charge heroine, and Caleb is my strong, fun loving hero. Eve and Caleb are steamy hot this time around with their romance and I do feel like Eve is going to kick some royal King's butt along with a few New America guards in the third book Rise. I think the title says it all. Can I just please have the third book now?!!!

Eve has been living in Califia at the women’s settlement that Caleb helped her reach, to escape the King and his guards. But Eve keeps having nightmares that Caleb is dying. When one of the girl's from the settlement tells her a rumor about a guy that has a bad infection from a leg wound and that's he’s across the bridge in an abandoned warehouse, Eve is sure it's Caleb. And there's no way Eve’s not going back across the bridge into the wild to save Caleb. What's waiting for Eve at the warehouse isn't Caleb, but the last person she thought she would ever see again. Eve is now a prisoner, and on her way back to the City of Sand to be the King's wife…or that's what she thought until she arrives at the King's palace and finds out marrying her was not his intentions. But when the King tells her who he is and who she will become, let's just say Eve never saw this one coming, and neither did I.

When Eve arrives at the palace she's still trying to find Caleb, but what she finds is Charles and the king's plans for Eve which doesn't include Caleb. I was very glad that Eve and Caleb were able to share their feelings for each other before all hell breaks out. Eve and Caleb are beautiful together. Eve dreams of being with Caleb, but the King and Charles are definitely not going to let that happen. Eve fears her nightmares for Caleb are going to come true, along with her fears of what she will have to do to save him.

Anna Carey did not disappoint me with this awesome sequel to Eve, I love it, and Eve and Caleb romance is getting more amazing with each novel. I only hate having to wait another year for Rise, but I will because it's well worth the wait! I highly recommend Once as a must read!
 

 
 
 
    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I really, really want to read Eve and Once now! Those books have been on my TBR list for such a long time, and I can't wait to start it as soon as I can! Argh but I absolutely hate cliffhangers, so I don't know how I feel about that -.-

    Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cliffhangers are not thrill for me either Eileen, but most series reads are definitely going to have'em. I love the Eve novels, cliffhangers and all LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this cover is just as great as Eve. I HAVE to get my buns in gear and read these books!

    ReplyDelete