Glitch (Glitch #1) by Heather Anastasiu

Glitch (Glitch, #1)

                 Glitch (Glitch #1)

                                              by
 
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.

Paperback, 371 pages
Expected publication: August 7th 2012 by St. Martin's Press



(MY THOUGHTS)
  I Love Sci-fi Dystopia, and Glitch is going on my list as one of my favorites. Heather Anastasiu’s world-building is awesome. I love the Old World, and the underground city of the Community it's totally fantastic. I also love the characters. Anastasiu did excellent with Zoe’s character. She made me believe that this is how someone would be if they could suddenly feel emotions after never having felt them before, and by the end of this story, Zoe was becoming a strong leader. I think she will be a kick-ass heroine in the sequel Override or as Adrien would say a "cracking kick ass". Yes, I also liked the way the author used new slang words in this future world to replace some of our naughty four letter words. I will definitely be waiting on the sequel.
 
Zoe is a Glitcher, which means she’s an anomaly, and for Zoe this could be a one way trip to deactivation. Zoe world has always been: Order is everything, the Community Creed is Order first, order always. But now that she’s starting to feel emotions, she doesn’t understand how to explain what she’s feeling. She just knows she doesn't want to go back to being a human drone after she’s able to feel emotions—to finally understand what it feels to be alive. But with these emotions, Zoe is also getting the power to move objects. Zoe is trying to keep her emotions and her power hidden from the Regulators who are watching for glitchers, but there’s someone else who's watching Zoe, it’s the guy with the beautiful blue-green eyes.
 
Adrien is with the Resistance, who lives above ground in the Old World. He also has the power to see the future and he has seen Zoe’s future, and it includes the Resistance and him. There’s another person that wants to be in Zoe’s future: Max, who's also a glitcher, and he had his eye on Zoe. And the emotions he's feeling for her is one all teenage guys have. Except with Max, his new emotions are consuming him with lust to feed his pleasures.
 
Glitch is an emotional story about the right to be free and a girl who has the power and the love to fight for the a people who doesn't even know they have lost their freedom. Zoe's fight has just begun in Glitch, her war is coming in Override. I recommend Glitch as a fantastic Sci-fi read!

     
         Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble


   
     

12 comments:

  1. I just didn't like this book. At all!!! Lol. I am glad you enjoyed it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you didn't enjoy Glitch, but sometimes that happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sounds of this one. I'm glad you liked it, I'm definitely putting it on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did like it Nicole! Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you enjoy Glitch :)

      Delete
  4. Zoe's character transformation sounds amazing, just like this book! Just from reading this review, I feel like I got a pretty good sense of how Zoe is as a character. Great, articulate review:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe! So glad you enjoyed the review! :)

      Delete
  5. OMG Debbie... I am reading this right now :D and after your review I am all the more excited to finish it! Loved the trailer too! I am loving Zoe and Heather's descriptions of her "Glitches" in detail! Thanks for such an awesome "Kick ass" review as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kayla, I love this book! can't wait to read your review :) Gotta see what you think about Max! and a couse Zoe and Adrien ;)

      Delete
  6. This is another one that's been on my TBR! I really like the premise of it. Great review Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amber! I liked Glitch ALOT! lol! Hope you enjoy it too :)

      Delete
  7. Now I want to go finish reading it! So far I really like the characters and world-building, and it looks like it's gonna be a good one, despite some mixed reviews I've run into. Wonderful review!

    Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the review Debz! :) I love this book and I think now that Zoe learn about her emotions and getting it together, she going to be kick-butt in the sequel! :)

      Delete