Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear

Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles, #1)

                Innocent Darkness  

         (The Aether Chronicles #1)

                                               by
 
Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from home. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. A mysterious man from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.

Paperback, 408 pages
Expected publication: August 8th 2012 by Flux




(MY THOUGHTS)
Innocent Darkness is a fantastic novel. This is the way I like my Steampunk: with just enough steam machines and gadgets that I know I'm reading one without it taking over the storyline. I also love fearies, so this was a wonderful addition. Lazear's writing is impressive. I was so intrigued that I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Glued to the pages, I couldn’t get enough of these great characters. Noli is the kind of girl main character I really do enjoy. She’s strong-willed, confident and with this storyline taking place in 1901 when women aren't allowed much choice in life, she’s determined to have independence in a man's world. Lazear has also given me a beautiful romance between Noli and V (Steven) that had my temperature rising.

Noli is very much her own person, but this is not considered a good thing in 1901 when a young ladies’ only goal in life is to marry well. Noli wants to work on engines. She wants to go to university and become a botanist, but girls aren't allowed to do this in 1901. Because of her strong-will to have the life she wants, she eventually gets herself into trouble with the police when she's caught test driving her father's flying automobile. Women aren't allowed to drive, so Noli is sent to Findlay reform school for girls to become a proper young lady. She’s determine that this place will not break her spirit, but after she is horribly abused and loses the only friend she had there, she feels as if she’s loosing this battle of the wills.

Kevighn Silver, who’s also known as Silver Tongue (or Women- Maker), is a faerie huntsman who is from the Otherworld. Kevighn’s job is to go and search for special girls like Noli who have what the faerie's call the spark to take them back to the Otherworld. Kevighn hears Noli one night, wishing to get away from Findlay, so he takes her to the Otherworld. Noli soon finds out why the faerie's need girls like her, and she realizes that Findlay wasn't the worst thing that could happen to her.

V (Steven) is Noli's best friend, but he's not who he pretends to be. When Kevighn takes Noli to the Otherworld, V is the only one who can help her. V and Noli will finally admit their true feelings for each other. And after hiding their feelings from each other all this time, they definitely make up for lost time. Noli and V's romance is beautiful, steamy and hot! Women-Maker Kevighn has fallen for Noli, too. It's clear who Noli loves, but I do like Kevighn. Yeah, he's the bad boy faerie, but he had me swooning for him. I mean with a name like silver-tongue and women-maker he is a bad, bad boy and he definitely lives up to his name.

Innocent Darkness is a wickedly dark faerie novel with a great steampunk theme and romance that is dangerously hot! I recommend Innocent Darkness as a fantastic read.




                  Author Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble


  

5 comments:

  1. OMG this sounds super good! What is UP WITH ALL OF THESE LOVE TRIANGLES lol... I love choosing teams though so I can't complain too much lol! I love your review and I love steamy romance :D adding to my TBR list Debbie :D Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love triangles Kayla!! But Noli knows who she loves and always have. I'm the one who loves Kevighn! I always do love the bad boy lol! Can't wait till I share my swoon tomorrow from this book, steamy hot! lol!

      Delete
  2. You had me at steampunk and fairies. I must get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read a steampunk novel! I should really start. It seems to be kind of popular lately. I'm going to have to pick this one up! Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have never read a 'steampunk' novel -- but your review has my curiosity piqued... I am putting this on my to read list.... Thank you Debbie, for once again, opening my eyes to books I've never considered before!

    ReplyDelete