Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)

                        Unspoken 

           (The Lynburn Legacy #1)

                                              by
 
Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.

But all that changes when the Lynburns return.

The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?
 
Hardcover, 370 pages
Expected publication: September 11th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
  Unspoken is a gothic Paranormal with plenty of great magic and mystery with the beginning of a cute romance. Sarah Rees Brennan had me rolling in laugher throughout most of this book, and then she brought me to a heart-shattering, cliffhanger ending. I’m so glad there's going to be a second book with Kami and Jared. Brennan has crafted a fantastic world of sorcery with wonderful fun teenage characters. Unspoken is told from Kami’s point of view, with a few chapters told from Jared’s. Since this storyline is about teens living in a little English town in London, Brennan gives us a little taste of her UK writing style which I really enjoyed. Sarah Rees Brennan is a talented writer, and I’m waiting impatiently for the sequel with these teens that are ready to take on dark sorcery to save their town.

Kami is a head strong, take charge kind of girl who wants to be a Journalist. And when she starts the school newspaper, her first assignment is to find out why the Lynburns return to Sorry-in-the-Vale after being gone for seventeen years. But when no one answers her questions about the Lynburns and insists she stay away from them, Kami—being the head strong journalist that she is—starts her own investigation to discover the mystery about this town, the Lynburns, and what they’re hiding.

Kami has also heard a boy's voice in her head ever since she was born. Jared is her best friend, well how can he not be since they have been living in each other head all their lives? But when they meet each other face-to-face, it gets a little strange. And when Jared turns out to be one of the Lynburns, this mystery gets even more mysterious. Kami and Jared don't know whether to hate each other or love each other. Their relationship is hilarious and heart breaking at the same time. I couldn't help but to fall in love with Jared, and with this cliffhanger ending, Kami's decision about Jared broke my heart, too.

Unspoken is an eerie, hilarious mystery, with a beautiful romance that will both swoon and break your heart. I recommend Unspoken as a fantastic magical read.
 
 
 
         Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Unspoken sounds so good! I've had my eyes on this one for awhile and I can't for September to come. I like that it takes place in the UK and that Kami wants to be a Journalist! I want to be one too :). Furthermore I really enjoy funny books and since reading Dark Companion I've had a thing for Gothic ya novels!

    Great review!
    Rachel @ Books to Consider

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the review Rachel! I love this book and the romance is a heart-breaker :( Thanks for stopping by :) I will definitely check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Sarah Rees Brennan. Enough said. ;) You're great review made me want it that much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unspoken is a fantastic read Heather! This is my frist time reading one of Sarah Rees Brennan novels, but it won't be my last! :)

      Delete
  4. Your review of this book has got me really intrigued.. I'm going to have to add this to my TBR book list; which has gotta be the longggest list I've got!! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Boy, I know what you mean about, longgggest TBR list! Got one of those myself Raphael! lol!

      Delete
  5. I like headstrong mc and I like it when books make me laugh.
    Thanks for review girl,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Brandi! :) Glad you liked the review!

      Delete