Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

                 Beautiful Disaster

                    (Beautiful #1)

                                                by
 
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Paperback, 416 pages
Expected publication: August 14th 2012 by Atria Books (first published May 26th 2011)


(MY THOUGHTS)
  Beautiful Disaster is a very different kind of love story. Jamie McGuire has written a beautiful, heart-felt story about two people who are dysfunctional, but together they become functional. I'm the kind of reader that while I’m reading a novel the story becomes a part of me. So Abby and Travis's relationship had me very emotional. I was laughing, angry and crying. Even though I spent three-fourths of my time crying while reading Beautiful Disaster, I fell in love with Abby and Travis’ love for each other. And for me, I could understand them—that when you find the right person, their love can make you a better person. Their love encourages you to want to be a better person and it gives you the hope to know you can be better a person. Beautiful Disaster also reminded me of the truth in the proverb: Two together are stronger than one alone.

Abby came to Eastern University to leave her dysfunctional life and father behind her, but little did she know that the life she left behind would be her strength for the guy she would fall in love with. Travis was very close to his mother whose love was everything to him. She died when Travis was three, so this left a huge hole in his heart, with the added feelings of abandonment from the one person who was to give him the neutering love needed to teach him about love and trust.

Travis is a motorcycle riding, bad boy, who oozes sex and rebelliousness. The only thing he cares about is his Harley, fighting in the underground illegal fights for money, and bagging every pretty girl. And that’s not hard when every girl is falling at his feet to be with him. But there is one girl who's not gone all swoon crazy for this gorgeous bad boy. Abby’s going to give bad boy Travis the tough love he needs to heal his dysfunctional heart.

I loved Abby and Travis’s messed up romance. Their love for each other ripped my heart to pieces, had me crying my eyes out and had me fanning myself from their sizzling hot bedroom scenes. But what I love the most is they are each other’s equal, that their love will be strong enough to heal their dysfunctional lives.

Beautiful Disaster is a heart-touching, beautiful story of how the power of love can heal two dysfunctional people who are each other true soul mates. I highly recommend Abby and Travis’ love story as a must read.


       Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble 


                    
 

13 comments:

  1. I didnt know this was set in college! Is this a new adult book? Even more excited to read this now! Fantastic review! Better get the tissues ready for this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nereyda, Beautiful Disaster is at NG right now. And yes I would call it crossover or mature YA. VERY HOT ROMANCE!!! Glad you liked the review!

      Delete
  2. I have this ARC and bumped it up when they changed the pub date..don't they know how tightly i schedule these things. I love books that get you emotionally invested..i am looking forward to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Kim! I understand what you mean by tight schedule :) I love this book! Hope you enjoy it Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED reading this book! One of my favorites. I am having a hard time finding anything half as good to read that I haven't already read!:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too Erika! The only book that I can think of is Pushing the Limits!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I am going to try it:)

      Delete
    3. Pushing the Limits is awesome read Erika :) Let me know if you liked it :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds really good. I love the cover too. I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I loved BD too. It's a different kind of love story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Marion! So glad you love Beautiful Disaster too :) Abby and Travis's love story truly is beautiful!

      Delete
  7. Loved your review! And OMG I cannot believe how much the song describes Travis! It's written for him! =P
    ~Hira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Hira, After I listen to this song, I said the same thing! It's definitely Travis's song LOL!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.