Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions #1) by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)

         Confessions of an Angry Girl 

                  (Confessions #1)

                                                   by
 
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)

(Sorry. That was rude.)
 
Paperback, 272 pages
Expected publication: August 28th 2012 by Harlequin Teen 
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
  Confessions of an Angry Girl is absolutely fantastic! Can I just have the sequel now, PLEASE?! Louise Rozett is an awesome author and she has won my heart with Rose and Jamie. Rose is an amazing character. She tough and definitely not scared to voice her views. Jamie is a gorgeous bad boy who's a sweetheart. My heart is still racing over these two characters and their story. I just didn’t want Rose’s beautiful heart touching story to end, and with the cliffhanger, it’s making me insanely angry with wanting the second book, Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend.

Rose’s life sucks right now. Her father has just died, and the angry over losing him has taken her to her boiling point. And to top it off, she’s starting her first year of high school where all the rules of having a good time are changing. When Rose’s best friend Tracy becomes a cheerleader and starts hanging with the "mean girl" cheerleaders, Rose really feels like her life is just bottoming out. But high school has one plus for Rose. She finally gets to meet Jamie, the guy she’s been secretly crushing on for the past few years. He’s the only good thing in her sucky life, but Regina (who’s a cheerleader) has her claws into Jamie and she’s not letting go. (Well there went the only part of Rose's life that was good.)

Rose and Jamie are great together. They both are facing the same loss in their lives. And for Jamie, the badass boy, and Rose, the goody-two-shoe-girl with a attitude their proving that opposites do attract. But their romance is also attracting a very jealous cheerleader witch whose hell bent on revenge and she’s not going to stop till she destroys Rose.

Rose is an angry girl lashing out at her cruel world and the people in it, but she’s also learning who she is as person and how to deal and come out stronger on the other side of anger. I recommend Confessions of an Angry Girl as a must read!
 
 
 
        Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. I loved your review and I really loved this book! I can't wait to read the next one!!
    Here's my review of the book: http://hm-viewsnreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-review-confessions-of-angry-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that cliffhanger ending, we're all wanting that second book! Dang it! That was just a rough place to leave us all hanging! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Haha! I totally agree! I really do wonder what's more to Robert's story.
      But you know what? With the cliffhanger in Vengeance (Transcend Time Saga #2) this cliffhanger doesn't really seem like much =P
      But I'm definitely looking forward to the next book!

      Delete
  2. I really liked this book too!! I read it last week, and after I finished it, all I could think was "NOOOO!!!!! Why are you doing this to me!! I. Need. Book. 2. NOW!!!!!" lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree those cliffhanger can definitely make you scream! LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you,, I finished the book today, and I literally screamed lout loud noooooo when it ended, everyone in the room looked at me weird. What a place to end the book,I need to know what happens next! Argh lol. Roll on next yr! Loved this bk, not sure how much the title name fitted the book though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beckie I'm with you on the screaming :) If the people you're reading with would've seen me at ending of this book, they probably thought I was crazy! I'm very emotional reader when reading a good book LOL! Just can't wait to find out what's going to happens between Rose and Regina! arrrrrrrr!

      Delete
  4. I definitely loved this book. I just got done reading it a couple of days ago. I am sooo ready for the second one. Sigh. But alas. I have to wait.

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you loved this book too Ashley! I just hope we all don't have to wait a year for the sequel! :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVED this story too!! something about it just makes it unique from all the other contemporaries for me!
    Can't wait for Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend
    I need me more Forta <3
    great review Debbie!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juhina! So glad you like the review! :) And WE ALL WANT THE SECOND BOOK NOW! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I LOVED this book so damn much! Perfect! Im dying for book two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Nereyda I so glad you love this book! I think you and me pretty much have the same taste in books! Hope Rose and Jamie see more action in the second, you know the kind I'm talking about ;) LOL!

      Delete