Every Day by David Levithan

Every Day

                        Every Day

                                                    by
 
Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

Every morning, A wakes in a different person’s body, a different person’s life. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

With his new novel, David Levithan has pushed himself to new creative heights. He has written a captivating story that will fascinate readers as they begin to comprehend the complexities of life and love in A’s world, as A and Rhiannon seek to discover if you can truly love someone who is destined to change every day.
 
Hardcover, 336 pages
Published August 28th 2012 by Knopf Books for Young Readers
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
  Every Day is a heartbreaking love story. David Levithan has created an amazing world within human bodies. Leviathan has written a love story for the true romantic, a heart-wrenching, self-sacrifice love. This Science Fiction love story absolutely blew my mind.

A is a sixteen year old drifter, and for sixteen years, he has woken up every morning in someone else’s body. He has come to accept this as his way of life, until he wakes up as Justin and falls in love with Rhiannon, Justin's girlfriend. Now A wakes up every morning in a different body just so he can get back to Rhiannon. A has never told anyone about himself, but his love for Rhiannon has given A something he never had before: to know what Love feels like. He wants to stay as the same person, to have a life where Rhiannon loves him. He’s going to try and convince her he's the same person even if he looks different and try to show Rhiannon that they can love each other even if he looks different on the outside, he's the same person on the inside.

I'm trying to think of how to describe to you just how beautifully breathtaking and hopelessly sad A and Rhiannon’s love for each other is without spoiling it for you as a reader. And I guess the best I can do is say David Levithan has done an outstanding job at breaking my heart for A. A is just an awesome guy character. He sacrifices all he ever wanted for the first and only girl he will forever love, and if that’s not enough, he will make sure Rhiannon will be truly loved.

Every Day is a rip-your-heart to pieces love story. A is going to steal your heart. I highly recommend Every Day as love story you will never forget!
 
 
  
           Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble
 
 
                
 

6 comments:

  1. I didn't like this book as much as everyone else. I just thought it was so weird that he didn't consider himself male or female. And Rhiannon got on my nerves. I did LOVE the ending though, I thought it was perfect and realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I will agree it was definitely different kind of read for me too Nereyda! But I fell in love with A's character. My heart really broke for him :( And the ending totally ripped my heart out!

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading this. The premise sounds so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee I loved Every Day! I hope you will enjoy it too! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes Liza, This book release date was Aug.28 2012 :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.