The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal

The Lifeguard

                    The Lifeguard

                                               by
 
It's an unsettled summer for Sirena. Back in Texas, her family's splitting apart, but here in Rhode Island, at the cottage of her aunt, it's a different world. There are long days at the beach and intriguing encounters with Pilot, the lifeguard with shamanic skills. Sirena explores her obsession with Pilot and discovers his mysterious--almost magical--gifts.
 
Hardcover, 277 pages
Published March 1st 2012 by Albert Whitman & Company
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
  The Lifeguard was a wonderful surprise. When I saw the cover of this novel I thought it was going to be a sweet, chick-lit romance about a gorgeous lifeguard saving a beautiful girl, falling in love, and so on....But wow! Don’t let the cover fool you. The storyline is on the eerie side of the supernatural. Deborah Blumenthal gave me a powerful, unique story with a ghost, shaman, a beautiful romance and so much more. Blumenthal’s style of writing in the third person pulled me into this story and wouldn't let go. I finished this novel in one day and I want more of Sirena and Pilot's beautiful story.

Sirena is almost seventeen, and her parents are going through a divorce, which she’s not thrilled about. She is sent to stay with her aunt Eillie in Rhode Island for the summer while her mom and dad sales their house in Texas. Sirena knew this divorce would bring changes, but it was just the beginning of the changes for Sirena’s life. When she meets the gorgeous lifeguard Pilot, he will change her whole world. A world of ghosts and the shaman healers, and the mysterious boy she destined to love.

The Lifeguard is the kind novel that I found myself saying, I wasn't expecting this deep of storyline and with Sirena and Pilot's hot and cold romance and the supernatural, The Lifeguard is definitely a book I would recommend as a surprising, great read.
 
 
 
 
         Author Website | Goodreads | buy: Amazon | buy: Barnes & Noble
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I started reading this one at the library the other day but put it down in the 2nd chapter. it's really slow to start and I couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll pick it up back now that I've read this review. I didn't know it had supernatural elements in it. #suckerforthat Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Heather, This book will definitely surprise you! I'm a very patient reader lol! I have found out sometimes the best book are the ones that start slow :) Slow start, Great finish!! :)

      Delete
  2. You had me at 'eerie side of the supernatural'. I've GOT to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, look at that cover!
    :)
    This sounds like a sweet, but 'eerie' read! I'm gonna have to check it out!

    Amazing Review!

    The cover pulled me in, but your review makes me want to consume this book!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magen! Glad you liked the review :) Yep, this is a sweet eerie read! :) And the cover is what grabbed me too!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.