Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries #1) by Courtney Cole

Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries #1)

                                                 by

I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy.
 
ebook, 356 pages
Published June 24th 2012 by Lakehouse Press
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
 
Dante's Girl has a lot more than a sweet fairytale romance and dreams can come true for a country girl and a handsome prince. I don't read too many Chick-Lit, but this one grabbed my heart, and I couldn't put it down. I also keep hearing that song "Jesse’s Girl" in my head, except / mentally sing “Dante's Girl”. Courtney Cole has written a beautiful romance with a more intriguing MatureYA/New Adult story instead of the fluff I normally read in this type of genre. I fell in love with Reece's strong, witty personality and her country girl swear phrase: “Holy Sweet Baby Monkey Balls”. Also loved the gorgeous Greek godlike, strong, and confident Dante. Dante's Girl is one Chick-Lit I would definitely read again and I'm so reading the sequel Mia's Heart in The Paradise Diaries series.

 Reece is on her way home to Kansas when she runs, literally, into Prince Charming at the airport. But it's not till he sits down next to her on the plane, and then she is rushed off by his bodyguards, that she finds out Dante is the gorgeous son of a Mediterranean Prime Minister who’s just sweeps her off to his Greece paradise, Caberra to protect her. Reece finds out that things work a little differently in royal families than her American farming family. Like marriage, that are pre-arranged by parents. And there's also other things going on in this palace with one of Dante’s friends, and she’s got to find out what he’s up to before something bad happens to the prince that she’s falling in love with.

 Dante's Girl is a unique different kind of fairytale with a modern day romance twist, where the Kansas girl saves the handsome prince, with a suspenseful mystery, drama and humor. Reece is trying to get her own happily ever after with her handsome prince. I recommend Dante's Girl as a fantastic read. 


                 Author Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble





2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading this one, I keep on hearing good things! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome Tara! Dante's Girl really is great read! I hope you enjoy it too! :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.