Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill

                      Meant to Be

                                                  by
Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.
 
Hardcover, 304 pages
Published November 13th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
 
Meant to Be is a hilarious rollercoaster ride! Lauren Morrill had me crying tears of laugher with Julia and Jason's banter and romance. I loved Julia and Jason. Julia is a know-it-all, but she’s not a smart ass. She’s just a really smart girl that can’t hold her tongue when it comes to knowledge. Jason is the obnoxious ass who loves embarrassing her. Julia takes life very seriously, and Jason believes you should have some serious fun. Julia and Jason’s romance is a head-on collision of meant to be romance waiting to happen. Proof that opposites really can attract, if Julia can keep from killing Jason first.

Julia’s junior class is on their way to London for their class trip, but she never would have guessed she would be assigned the class-clown jerk Jason as her buddy for the trip. Jason is the kind of guy Julia loves to hate, and she definitely stays away from. Jason is the guy who never misses an opportunity to be the class prankster. Just like the time Julia sits down in red paint, Jason fills her locker with tampons. Yeah, Jason is definitely not on Julia's list of guys she wants for her  MTB (Meant to Be) fairy tale romance. So what irritating the heck out of Julia is when Jason becomes the guy she hates herself for falling in love with.

Julia and Jason have the best bantering romance of all time. They are off the wall hilariously funny, and I laughed till my sides hurt with these two insane fun teenagers. I recommend Meant to Be as a fantastic cry your eyes out with laughter, heart- touching romance read! 




                           Buy Meant to Be at:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble

 

One of my favorite quotes from Meant to Be:

“I don’t know, I’ve never been in love,” he says, pulling apart chunks of his remaining scone, “but I imagine it’ll be about her thinking it’s funny when I make a fool of myself and laughing at my dumb jokes and liking the same music.”

“So you’re looking for someone just like you?”

“Sure.” He shrugs. Then he grins widely. “But with boobs.”



6 comments:

  1. I love when a romance has cute banter between the characters. It also makes me laugh and smile. I wasn't sure if I was going to read this but you definitely make me want to! Great review! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, Thank you glad you liked the review! If you love banter, than this book is definitely for you lol! It's non-stop banter between Julia and Jason! :D

      Delete
  2. Not a big fan of romance but romance with cute banter is way more interesting.........great review

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing this book everywhere (who can forget that cover, right)
    I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the cover lol! Not my first pick in great book covers lol! But the story inside is fantastic, loads of laughs! I think you forget about the cover after you read the story lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I keep hearing this book is a very fun, funny and delightful read!! I love the sound of the characters, a lot! I really want to read this one! Great review girl!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.