Sacrifice (Legacy #3) by Cayla Kluver

              Sacrifice (Legacy #3)

                                                 by
This is not the time for the fight to end. Now is when the fight will begin. This is the time to regain what has been lost.Alera

Queen of a fallen kingdom, secretly in love with the enemy.

Shaselle

Daughter of a murdered father, rebel with a cause.

One lives behind the former Hytanican palace walls and walks the razor's edge to keep the fragile peace in her beloved homeland. The other slips through the war-torn streets, seeking retribution for her family's tragedy, following whispers of insurgency.

Both face choices that will separate them from those they cannot help but love. As their stories intertwine, a conspiracy ignites that may end in slavery or death—or lead to freedom anew, if only each can face what must be sacrificed.
 
Paperback, 438 pages
Published October 23rd 2012 by Harlequin Teen
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)

Sacrifice was a great ending to the Legacy series. This last novel did leave me heartbroken for Steldor, but really, I guess this whole series has left my heart bleeding for this beautiful guy. I knew by the second book Allegiance that Steldor wasn't going to get Alera—the girl he loved with all his heart. I accepted that. I accepted that Narian was the guy Alera loved, but I was hoping that in this final book I would at least get the ending I wanted for Steldor. And the one he deserved. But Steldor got ripped to pieces again, in my opinion. I can't say anymore, as I don’t want to spoil it for you. I can only hope that now the author will write Steldor’s own story and give him his happily ever after. There's no doubt that Steldor made the Legacy series a fantastic one for me, and he's the reason I love this story and kept reading it. Steldor’s character is my favorite and he out shined Alera and Narian, but I’m sure you too have your favorite. Also with Steldor having only a small part in this last book, it was kind of slow for me.

I will say I enjoyed the author bringing in another girl character, Shaselle, who is Steldor’s eighteen year old cousin. Shaselle is the total opposite of Alera. Sacrifice is also told from her point of view, too. Shaselle’s character is awesome, just like Steldor. She’s a beautiful feisty tom boy. Shaselle is definitely Steldor’s cousin, she just as cocky and stubborn as Steldor. Shaselle’s character still brings the excitement and energy for me to this storyline after no longer having Steldor’s fun and cocky self to do this in this last book.

Sacrifice is a great finale, and I recommend the Legacy series as an awesome, break-your-heart series. I plead to the author to write a book for Steldor, who is an amazing character. I love him so much. Please give him the happy ending he deserves. Thank you, Cayla Kluver, for the enthralling Legacy series and Steldor!



1 comment:

  1. It's always a great sign when you want the author to write a spinoff! I need to check this series out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.