Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse

                              Rockoholic

                                                                  by

She's got it bad, and he ain't good -- he's in her garage?

"I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me..."

Gonna have to face it: Jody's addicted to Jackson Gatlin, frontman of The Regulators, and after her best bud Mac scores tickets, she's front and center at his sold-out concert. But when she gets mashed in the moshpit and bodysurfs backstage, she's got more than a mild concussion to deal with. By the next morning, the strung-out rock star is coming down in her garage. Jody -- oops -- kind of kidnapped him. By accident. With a Curly Wurly candy bar. And now he doesn't want to leave.

It's a rock-star abduction worthy of an MTV reality series...but who got punk'd?!

Hardcover, 358 pages
Published November 1st 2012 by Scholastic



(MY THOUGHTS)

Rockoholic is an insane fun, rock-n-roll ride! C. J. Skuse has written a hilarious yet heart-touching novel with this lovesick, English girl. Jody is a high-strung girl who wants to be rescued from her life by her rock star love, Jackson, the lead singer of the rock band The Regulators. And for Jody, love addiction means sometimes your fantasies can come true.

Jody's grandfather has just passed away. He was the only one in her family who understood who she was and shared the same outlook on life as she did. When her mother forbids her to go to the love of life rock star Jackson’s concert, her best friend Mac gives her his ticket. Mac’s going to wish he never did that when Jody ends up kidnapping the rock star Jackson.
In Jody's case the best way to cure a rock star love addiction is to get to have the real person instead of the fantasy of the stage. Jody learns that she’s not so in love with the real Jackson, but these two will end up helping each other find their true self. And Jody will find out what real love means and who really loves her.

Rockoholic is loads of laughs, but it carries a clear coming of age lesson for Jody's fantasy love. Jody’s love addiction will be the best thing that ever happens to rock star Jackson. I recommend Rockololic as a fun, but serious read in rescuing a lovesick, troubled teen and rock star who’s definitely in need of saving. 




                                     Buy Rockoholic at:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble
 



Feed my addiction teaser:

“I know, I know. I just want to get to know him first, that’s all. Just one day. That’s all I want. Please don’t tell anyone he’s here yet, Mac. You know he’s my kindred… thingy.”

“Grow up,” says Mac. “You need to get real, fast. We are in the middle of a nightmare and I don’t know how the hell we got here.” I can feel myself beginning to cry. Mac hears my sniff. “Jody, don’t.”

“I can’t help it,” I huff. “I don’t want to let go of him, Mac. You don’t understand it, I know you don’t, but I need him.”




2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.