Review & Teaser: Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers #2) by Michelle Rowen

           Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers #2)

                                                             by

MY KISS CAN KILL.

I used to be ordinary Samantha Day, but that's changed. Now, after one dark kiss from a dangerous boy, I can steal someone's soul...or their life. If I give in to the constant hunger inside me, I hurt anyone I kiss. If I don't...I hurt myself.

Bishop is the one whose kiss I crave most, but if I kiss him, I'll kill him. Then there's another boy, one I can't hurt. One whose kiss seems to miraculously quell my hunger. They're both part of a team of angels and demons that's joined forces in my city to fight a mysterious rising darkness, an evil that threatens everyone I know and love. I just wonder if I'll be able to help Bishop-or if I'm just another part of the darkness he's sworn to destroy....

NIGHTWATCHERS

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...

Paperback, 440 pages
Expected publication: February 26th 2013 by Harlequin Teen



(MY THOUGHTS)

If you thought the Nightwatchers series by Michelle Rowen couldn't get more awesome, or that Sam couldn't be more nosey and stubborn; Bishop more broodier and romantic; Kraven a cockier smartass; Roth more hateful and nasty; Connor sweeter, and Zach more loveable…then you would be absolutely wrong!!! Author Michelle Rowen just took me way over the top of my expectations for Wicked Kiss, the sequel to Dark Kiss. And Wicked Kiss was one hell of an (or heaven, depending on your take) emotional roller-coaster ride. I laughed. I cried. I got angry and swooned all for these gorgeous, heavenly and hellish guys. Rowen outdid herself with this outstanding, awesome story. And if you’re still wondering if I loved it. HELL YES! I LOVED IT!!!

Sam, Bishop, and Kraven have their hands full trying to save the city of Trinity, getting rid of the Gray problem, and with pretty much each other. Sam’s determined to find out what the secret is between brothers Bishop and Kraven that caused them to hate each other. Besides the obvious one, of course: that Bishop’s an angel and Kraven’s a demon. I love Kraven and his badass ways. He's always trying to piss his brother off. And Kraven being the good demon brother he is, more than willing to help Sam out with her little kissing problem. I mean, Kraven figures if you can't kiss your brother's girl in order to help him out, then what kind of brother are you? And when Heaven sends Cassandra down to help Bishop, Sam starting to see the green-eyed monster of jealousy when it comes to Cassandra, the beautiful blond angel, as she has a hard time keeping her hands off Bishop. Who says Heaven doesn't have a since of humor?

Two more characters are introduced who I fell in love with. Cassandra, the angel that’s been sent to Trinity to help clean up the Gray problem, though she might have another agenda she’s not telling the other angels and demons about. And Jordan, the snotty chick that hates Sam for crushing on her ex-boyfriend, Stephen (Stephen is the guy who kissed Sam in the Dark Kiss). Both these girls are great, especially Jordan, who's a hilarious tough girl with a sarcastic mouth.  

Michelle Rowen takes Sam, Bishop, Kraven and the rest of these wonderful characters and their story to so many levels of awesomeness; from hilarious, to heartbreak, to wickedness and with the melt-your-heart ending, it’s definitely heaven-worthy.  I want the third novel now please! I highly, highly recommend Wicked Kiss as an amazing, wicked must read!


 
                                      Buy Wicked Kiss at: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
                                                   Author Michelle Rowen Website 


A few of my favorite Wicked Kiss teaser quotes: (I know, I know I have so many! lol)

“Feisty tonight, aren’t we?”
“Define feisty.”
Samantha Day. Seventeen years old. Normally realist who knows right from wrong, but is currently glaring at me like she wants to punch me in the stomach.”
“Good definition.”
                                                                     
“Yeah, right. How about you at least tell me the name you had when you were human? I know one thing for sure—it wasn’t Bishop.”
“Okay.” He eyed me. “It’s was Barbara.”
“You’re hilarious.”
                                                                      
“You’ve kept a low profile this week,” he said. “Are you specifically avoiding me, or just generally being a bitch to everyone?”
                                                                      
“Your girlfriend’s a great kisser,” Kraven said drily. “Her tongue is like…wow. She doesn’t hold back. You’re really missing out with that pesky soul of yours.”
                                                                       
His grin widened. “Are you saying you think about me? Like… in the shower, maybe?”
I shot him a look. “You wish.”
“Where a genie when a guy needs one?”
                                                                       
 Let go of me!”
“As hot as it would be to see you kiss another girl, I’m going to have to decline your request.”
                                                                       
“Rough night. Huh?” Kraven said.
“Get out of my bed.”
He grinned. “I like how that sounds. Your bed. Me in it.”
                                                                        
 Sorry to interrupt any outdoor sexcapades. Happily, you still have your clothes on. It is a little chilly tonight.”
                                                                       
“You son of a bitch.”
“You got that much right.”



3 comments:

  1. I remember reading Dark Kiss and loving it. Kraven was my favorite, so I can't wait to read this eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be honest and say that I thought Dark Kiss was ok an okay read, but after reading your review and your enthusiasm for this book I don't have much hesitation to continue this series as I did before! It sounds like Wicked Kiss gets better. And plus, I really loved Kraven in Dark Kiss and I'm hoping there is even more of him in this one! EEEP! Wonderful wonderful review as always, Debbie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessire I love Nightwatchers series because of Kraven! And in this book the boy gets even better with his mouth LOL Wicked Kiss could be the last book in this series. With the way the author ended this story, but she did leave an opening which I hope she'll write one more. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete