The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3) by Aimee Carter

  The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3)

                                                            by
Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.
 
Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: February 26th 2013 by Harlequin Teen
 
 
 
(MY THOUGHTS)
It's time to say good-bye to the awesome Goddess Test series. The Goddess Inheritance is the grand finale. I’d like to give a huge thank you to author Aimee Carter for her being just a talent gifted writer and giving readers like me laughter, tears, anger, and a beautiful romance. For the past few years, I’ve loved these wonderful characters and their awesome story. Kate, a strong heroine who will never give in or give up. Henry, who’s a jerk that turns out to be not such a jerk by the end of each book, and I do so love him, and always forgive him. James, who I absolutely adore for being a ladies man, and for pissing Henry off when it comes to Kate. And sissy, fun loving Ava. I’ve enjoyed their amazing story and will miss them.

I also love the promise Kate made to James in this last book. And after what Henry put Kate through in this series, especially in the second novel Goddess Interrupted, I love the promise she made to James. I, for one, would tell Kate, You go girl! You have my blessing, go have fun and keep that promise to James, because even in this last book Henry didn't fail to anger me, even when I knew he was doing what he had to do to protect his family. He just has that way of hurting Kate. So yes, Kate, keep that promise to James!

This time around, Kate has to fight for someone she loves more than her own life, and it's not Henry. This is the final battle for Kate in her war against Calliope, and even though Henry stands by her side with his love and commitment to her, Henry still manages to hurt Kate, but I also agree with Kate’s decision to overlook what Henry had to do to protect their family first.

I love the Goddess Test series, and if you haven't read this amazing story of the Greek gods and goddesses than I highly recommend you do. And Aimee Carter, if you ever decide to write a novella about that promise that Kate made to James, I'm all for it! *winks*



                                Buy Goddess Inheritance at: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
                                                     Author Aimee Carter Website 



My Favorite Quotes
 
“I love you so much,” I whispered, closing the distance between us and wrapping myself around him. “No matter what happens, no matter how this war turns out—I love you, forever and always.”

I tilted my head upward to capture his lips, kissing him with every ounce of passion and frustration and guilt inside of me. He had to understand. “I love you, and I will always be yours.”

“I don’t think it counts as an affair if the thought of Cronus makes me sick to my stomach.”
“So there’s still hope for me after all.”
I half laughed, half sobbed. “You’re an ass.”
“Runs in the family.” He let me go. “Be safe, Kate.

James touched my shoulder, and I spun around to hug him. “If you die, I will be so pissed at you,” I whispered.
“I’ll do my best. If you wander into battle, I’m going to be so pissed at you,” said James. His arms were warm and solid around me, and he smelled vaguely like the forest.


1 comment:

  1. I need to start this series. I've heard such good things about it, including this awesome review!

    ReplyDelete