Swoon Thursday: Thoughts & Words



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!

                                                                                                  ***


My swoon is from: Ruining You by Nicole Reed. Ruining You is the sequel to Ruining Me. Okay, I loved this scene Jay's gay friend Eli (yeah Jay a girl with a boy's name) is getting her out of the house to just have a little fun. They end up at a bar where Jay's ex-boyfriend, Rhye who is a lead singer in a band. Jay is in love with Kane, but these two can't get their feelings for each straight yet. Kane who hates Rhye and has never met Eli, Walks into the bar with other girl and let’s just say Jay gets pissed. This first scene is not a swoon, but I have to share a little of how all this plays out with Jay, Kane, Eli and Rhye. I love Eli and he’s so funny in this scene and scared to death that he's fixing to his ass kicked when Jay uses him to try and make Kane jealous.



“Let me get this straight. You are trying to make the guy, who we both know you are insanely in love with, jealous with your gay soon-to-be ex-friend? If you get me hit while your boy-toy serenades you with love songs, I swear, Jay,” he snorts loudly. “Trust me. You don’t need me to piss him off, and you’re about to do just that. Just being in the same place as Rhye while he sings to you is enough. As your friend, my advice is that we get the hell out of here before Kane sees you.”
  Seeing a human-bullet heading my way out of the corner of my eye, I mutter, “Too late.” Looking down, I say, “Hey Kane.” His green eyes drop to my boots before slowly rising until they reach my face. The appreciation in his eyes makes me shudder. His desire is tangible.
 “Hi Jay, he says, narrowing his eyes at my hand holding Eli’s.
   Eli shakes my hand free and reaches out. “Hi, I’m Eli. Jay’s ‘gay’ friend.”
  Turning back towards Eli, I give him an exaggerated eye-roll before facing Kane.
  Kane’s face is almost completely relaxed now, and he even has a slight smile on his lips. Shaking Eli’s hand he says, “Kane. Jay’s ‘straight’ friend.” He and Eli look at each other before bursting into peals of laughter.
  “Real funny guys. Laugh it up.” I glance around to see Kane’s date looking a little lost without him at the bar, so I sarcastically ask, “Lose something, Kane?”
  Giving me a scorching sexy smile, he replies, “Not yet.”
  Crossing my arms across my chest, I shake my head at his answer.
 “What?”
Nodding my head towards the bimbo at the bar, I look at the expression of shock on his face.
 “Shit,” he utters.
Wow, it seems like he really did forget about her. Brunettes one, blondes zero. 


Okay, Here's my Swoon:

A guttural groan escapes him, and his hand tightens in my hair, exposing my neck. Placing his mouth in the middle of my throat, he beings to suck. The gentle open-mouth suction causes my body to tighten like a vice. I whimper, not from the pain, but from the intense pleasure that spreads throughout my body.
 Bringing my lips to his, I whisper into his mouth, “Touch me, Kane.” Sticking my wet tongue out, I trace his lips before letting it slip inside his mouth and out again.
 “Fuck,” he gasps as a quake racks his body. The intensity of the moment claims us as we ravage each other’s mouths. Lip to lip and tongue to tongue, he breathes for me. Reaching down with his large hands, he pulls up the hem of my dress and grabs my ass. A low moan flows from me.
         
  The brick wall scrapes my back as he lifts me to step deeper between my thighs. It’s a welcome pain.



     

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of his book, but WOW. I need to read this, *drops on TBR-pile*
    Great swoon!

    Here's mine: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.com/2013/03/swoon-thursday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one either, but when I read it this morning on my way to school I thought, hot goodness, I need to get it and soon!!!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.