Swoon Thursday: We Got Your Swoons Right Here: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!



                                                                                                          *** 


My Swoon is from Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover. I've had this book on my Kindle forever and just now read it. I can't believe I waited this long to read this book. Who says you can't fall in love at first sight or in this case first scene. Well they just haven't read Hopeless yet and met Holder. Sky and Holder are swoon-worthy together. They had me laughing my butt off in the first half of this book and ripping my heart out in the last. This scene is from Sky just wanting Holder to get their first kiss over with, because she going crazy waiting on Holder to kiss her. I had a hard time trying to figure out where to begin this swoon. So my swoon turn into a swoon excerpt instead of a teaser and there's still so much more swoon-worthy stuff Holder says to Sky about what he's going to do to her in this scene! I love Sky's reaction to Holder at the ending of this swoon!!! ;)


MY SWOON:

"Sky, I'm not kissing you tonight but believe me when I tell you, I've never wanted to kiss a girl more. So stop thinking I'm not attracted to you because you have no idea just how much I am. You can hold my hand, you can run your fingers through my hair, you can straddle me while I feed you spaghetti, but you are not getting kissed tonight. And probably not tomorrow, either. I need this. I need to know for sure that you're feeling every single thing that I'm feeling the moment my lips touch yours. Because I want your first kiss to be the best first kiss in the history of first kisses." He pulls my hand up to his mouth and kisses it.
  "Now stop sulking and help me finish the meatballs." I grin, because that was seriously the best excuse ever for being turned down. He could turn me down every day for the rest of my life, so long as it's followed up by that excuse.
   He swings our hands between us, peering down at me. "Okay?" he says. "Is that enough to get you through a couple more dates?"
    I nod. "Yep. But you're wrong about one thing."
  "What's that?"
  "You said you want my first kiss to be the best first kiss, but this won't be my first kiss. You know that."
   He narrows his eyes and pulls his hands from mine, then cups my face again. He pushes me back against the refrigerator and brings his lips dangerously close to mine. The smile is gone from his eyes and is replaced by a very serious expression. An expression so intense, I stop breathing.
   He leans in excruciatingly slowly until his lips just barely reach mine, and the anticipation of them alone is enough to paralyze me. He doesn't close his eyes, so neither do I. He holds me in this position for a moment, allowing our breath to blend between us. I've never felt so helpless and out of control of myself, and if he doesn't do something within the next three seconds, I'm more than likely going to pounce him.
  He looks at my lips and when he does, it prompts me to pull my bottom lip between my teeth.
  "Let me inform you of something," he says in a low voice.
 "The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you."
   He drops his hands and keeps his eyes locked on mine while he backs up to the stove. He turns around to tend to the pasta like he didn't just ruin me for any other guy for the rest of my life.
   I can't feel my legs, so I do the only thing I can. I slide down the refrigerator until my butt meets the floor, and I inhale.






12 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I loved this scene. Holder is so YUM! Easily one of the best scenes in the book - not that the rest of the book wasn't filled with them! You probably finished the book, so I hop you enjoyed it! :D

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED THAT BOOK!! Fantastic swoon, probably one of the best no kisses ever!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you Debbie, I've had this book forever, but haven't gotten a chance to read it!! I need to push it up higher in my never ending book queue!!! Great swoon!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie I freakin' love you! The anticipation was killing me. I look forward to reading this, already have it in my kindle. Ok I am crushing on Holder already. Now I know why everyone is loving him. OMG he sure knows how to tease. Love her outcome from it.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with Holder at first scene! Yep, you got to hurry and read this book. I hate myself for not reading it sooner!!!

      Delete
  5. Awwwww Hopeless! I love love LOVED Hopeless and I kinda love you for featuring this swoon! Perfect pick!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen Hoover!!! She is one of my favorite authors! I loved Hopeless, and this scene was one of my favorite's in the whole book! Great pick Debbie :)

    Here's my Swoon:
    Colleen Hoover!!! She is one of my favorite authors! I loved Hopeless, and this scene was one of my favorite's in the whole book! Great pick Debbie :)

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/05/swoon-thursday-17.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pick! This book is one of my favorites of this year. Holder is just soo... There are no words, amazing, swoon-worthy and yummy?

    Check out my swoon: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/05/swoon-thursday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing about this book! Lol. I guess I need to hop on the bandwagon. How are you enjoying it?

    My Swoon from Free Souls by Susan Kaye Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Kelsey! Hope you get a chance to read it soon. I'm sure you would enjoy this one! :)

      Delete
  10. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

    Andreea @ http://themoonlitbookshelf.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete