YA Bound Swoon Thursday: 'Precious Things' by Stephanie Parent



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!



                                                                                                 *** 



My Swoon is from 'Precious Things' by Stephanie Parent. I haven't started reading Precious Things yet, but I love Stephanie's writing style. "Defy the Stars by Stephanie is one of my favorite reads. So I wanted to do a swoon from her new adult/ new release novel 'Precious Things. I don't know what's going on between Isabelle and Evan in this scene, but after reading this steamy swoon between them, am so ready to find out!






                 Isabelle and Evan swoon! I'm starting the swoon in the middle of the sentence.


....Without quite realizing what I'm doing, I lead him around the side of the house, away from the road and late-night intruders. Evan quickly sees my intention and retakes the lead, backing me up till I'm pressed between him and the side wall. He keeps kissing me as he pushes one of his legs between mine, and I nearly gasp when I feel him, just two layers of fabric between us, against my thigh. I would never, ever do this if I was sober...but I'm definitely not sober, so I grab him, there, outside his jeans.
    Now he's the one who's gasping, pulling his mouth free between kisses to say, "Isabelle-- What are you-- I won't be able to sto--" But even as he speaks he slides his hands downward, across my neck and the line of my collarbone, than lower till he reaches my breasts and cups them firmly in his palms.









10 comments:

  1. Oh my!! That is steamy!! I love it! *Fans self!* Great swoon Debbie!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well after that one I think I'll be looking at this book a little bit closer!!! Great pick Debbie!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've heard great things about this one and that is a lovely swoon!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this book! Or the author. But what a swoon! Great choice! I hope you liked this book! :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a great swoon! I will be checking into this one.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hawt make out session... Love it, thanks for sharing. I think this will be my second Parent reas. ;)
    My Swoon, and there'salso a bloggoversary giveaway running on my blog to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome choice! I love Stephanie's book and that is quite possibly my favorite scene too. LOVE IT!

    MY SWOONS

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo that was an oh so yummy swoon! I can't wait to read this book and see where this scene goes.... ;)

    Thanks for dropping byMy Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wohoo! I'm ready to read this one! Sexy Swoon! Thanks for sharing Debbie, and stopping by my swoon!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete