YA Bound Swoon Thrusday: Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!



                                                                                                           ***


My Swoon is from: Taste the Heat (Love and Games #1) by Rachel Harris. Again, I just started reading this book, so I can't really tell you what's going on between Colby and Jason, but I do know Jason is not being truthful of his feeling for Colby.  I love, LOVE Rachel Harris writing style. She is also an awesome storyteller. Rachel Harris could write about dog poop and I would love it. lol The lady is just an amazing writer.









                                                                                Colby and Jason's swoon:


  “Tonight I realized that we’re not that different,” Jason began. “We’ve both been burned by love, and neither of us have any interest in going back in for round two. But we’re human. We have needs. And crazy chemistry.” Colby’s grin stretched into a wicked smile. “what would you say to an arrangement?” he asked.
  “One where it’s understood that feelings are off the table. Just for, companionship, and a whole lot more of this.” He grasped her hips and tugged her closer so there was no mistaking what he meant.
   She shook her head with a smile but locked her ankles around his back. “You had me at crazy chemistry,” she teased. Then her smile faltered a shade and she reminded him, “I’m leaving at the end of the summer.”
  “I know.” He lifted his shoulder in a show of indifference. “It’ll be a summer fling.”
   Colby’s eyes lit up at the word  fling . “That, sir, may just be the best idea I’ve ever heard.” Smashing her mouth against his, she sealed their agreement with a kiss.
   Victory tasted like citrus. He did it. He bought himself an entire summer with Colby, and maybe, just maybe, it would convince her to stay. He could be very persuasive when he needed to be.
   And if his best friend ever found out what he just did, Jason would have his ass kicked.






10 comments:

  1. Kisses may be a good reason to stay, I must say!! lol Great swoon!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool tease. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brother Best Friend crushes. Great swoon.

    http://wickedlydeliciousbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/swoon-bully-by-penelope-douglas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh! I loved this book! Jason was so incredibly swoonworthy!!! Great pick Deb!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! I have not read this book yet, sadly, but that's an, um, INTERESTING excerpt ;) I will buy this one! :D

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your swoon! Such a pretty post and book sounds great, I love reading this one.

    Ann@Blogging E-books

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is more the funny-cute kind of swoon, but I like that, too. Thanks for sharing! My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great arrangement! LOL I love how Jason already has in the back of his mind how he's going to persuade her to stay! So Sweet! Great Swoon Debbie! Thanks for sharing! Here's my Swoon:

    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/07/swoon-thursday-26.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. REALLY want to read this one! Soon.

    My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this one! I think it's awesome that my favorite guy name is Jason and my favorite girl name is Sam and Trisha and Rachel use those names in their recent books. #awesome

    ReplyDelete