YA Bound Swoon Thursday (Desperate Kisses): SHINE NOT BURN by Elle Casey



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!


                                                                                                 *** 


My Swoon is from 'SHINE NOT BURN' by Elle Casey. Andie and Mack are hilarious! I've never laugh so much while reading a book as much as I did with this one. Andie had me crying I was laughing so hard. She is just the funniest heroine klutz ever and Mack is swoon worthy. If you haven't read this book yet, then you should really put it on your TBR. 

                                                       This is my warning for SHINE NOT BURN!

WARNING: Due to uncontrollable laughter while reading SHINE NOT BURN, the reader may pee their pants. 




 SHINE NOT BURN
by Elle Casey

IT HAPPENED IN VEGAS.

I can't be held responsible. Things that happen there are supposed to stay there, right? Right? Yeeeah. Not so much.

Andie's just days away from tying the knot, but there's just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she's already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won't issue her a marriage license until it's all cleared up. Tripping her way through cow pies and country songs to meet up with a man who gets around places on horseback is her very last idea of how to have a good time, but if she's going to get married, make partner at the firm, and have two point five kids before she's thirty-five, she needs to get to the bottom of this snafu and fix it quick ... before her fiance finds out and everything she's been working toward goes up in flames.

                                                                  SHINE NOT BURN is $0.99 at Amazon!



                 Andie and Mack's hilarious swoon! This is just one of many between these two!!!


   "Wow." He stared at me, his eyes taking in every detail of my body. "Talk about getting lucky. The blackjack table was nothing compared to this."
    My heart soared with his compliments and a sudden surge of energy burst through me. "Woo hoo!" I yelled, pushing him down onto the bed and jumping on top of him. My leap was a little too enthusiastic though, because I misjudged my landing and fell to the side. I tried to catch myself on the edge of the bed but the stupid satin cover gave me nothing to grab onto. I tipped off the bed and fell onto the flood with a loud thud. I stayed there for a few seconds, waiting for the room to stop spinning.
   "Holy shit," he said, trying to cover up his laughter as he leaned over the edge of the bed to look at me. Are you okay?"
    I jumped to my feet and smiled, determined to keep having fun regardless of the fact that I was a complete idiot. I held my arms above my head and stretched them to the ceiling. "How's that for a dismount?" I said, giving him a superstar smile.
    He grabbed me around the waist and yanked me down onto the bed, jumping on top of me. "Gold medal worthy."




6 comments:

  1. LOL! What a swoon! What in the world!? :D

    That was kind of ridiculous and hilarious at the same time! I'm intrigued. Debbie, you have convinced me to look up this book! ;)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that swoon! Its funny but adorable and I needs to read it!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolz. Hilarious was the right word to pick. Sounds interesting and fun, I think this is going onto my pile. Thanks for the swoon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha talk about a fun swoon!

    My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Yeah, I could see definitely myself as Andie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that was hilarious! I love books that make me laugh :D I have this one on my TBR list but I didn't realise that it was funny, I just kind of assumed it was another angst filled NA novel. This might be a nice change from all the heavy emotional filled books I've read lately!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete