YA BOUND Swoon Thursday: WANDERLUST by Skye Warren



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!



                                                                                                   ***



My Swoon this week is from Wanderlust by Skye Warren. I received this awesome book as a gift from the amazing Wickedly Delicious, she has become wonderful book blogger friend to me and I totally love this lady!!! We both have the same dark and twisted taste in book. Yep, we both share the same love for dark and twisted bad guys LOL Thank you again SO MUCH, Wickedly Delicious for Evie and Hunter's beautiful, dark and twisted love story!!!

This scene is with Hunter showing his tender side to Evie. Evie has always wanted to see Niagara Falls, so Hunter finds a small waterfall and Evie also has a moment of showing Hunter who has kidnapped her, her tenderness and love for him.



Wanderlust is a dark erotic novel which explores dubious consent, captivity, and power play. Not intended for those uncomfortable with the subject matter or under eighteen.




                                           
                                                  Evie and Hunter's waterfall swoon:



   I looked around, awareness returning to me. "We're..."
  "Underneath the falls," he confirmed.
   I wasn't sure where exactly I'd fallen--maybe directly in the stream--but he'd drifted us behind the falls. There was a large cavern here between the curtain of water and the rockface that held them up. A steady stream of water pattered on my face, loose spray from the falls.
   I became aware of his body, too. The weight of him, the heft as he supported me in the water. The hands that clasped my waist. Neither of us had removed our clothing and though my light sundress was comfortable enough for swimming, he was wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
 "You're a little bit crazy, you know that?'
  He grinned. "Just a little? I'll have to work harder."
  His words tumbled into place in my mind, solving a riddle I already understood. He wanted to be this way, crazy and mean and awful. But he wasn't really. It was a struggle for him as much as I had struggled to be a good little girl in that house. A role we had to fill to keep someone else happy, except what made him think he should be this way? Someone, somewhere had forged Hunter in fire and although it didn't absolve him of his sins, I was more than ever curious about who.
  Droplets hung on his eyelashes, on the coarse, stubble-covered skin of his face.
  Just enjoy this.
  I leaned forward and kissed him--right on the his nose. A little silly maybe, but he didn't laugh. He looked startled first, then his eyes darkened. He held me still, steadily kicking to keep us afloat. But he made no move to pull away or to initiate another kiss. Just holding steady for my exploration, if I wished to continue, and I did.
  His eyelids, his forehead, the rough cheeks and much softer lips. I stayed there, sending small kisses along his mouth, from one corner to the other and then back again. It was a thank you for bringing me here, for convincing me to do this. More than that, the jump had given me permission to do this thing I'd wanted, to kiss a beautiful man who held me. One who seemed to want me but was unable to express it except in the harshest of ways.









10 comments:

  1. I love this swoon! I have to check out this book. I totally love twisted, dark, books, don't know what that says about me, but they are awesome!

    Great pick!

    My swoon: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/07/swoon-thursday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! That swoon! Loved it Debbie! I am definitely checking this book out! And I'm with Aseel- I happen to like dark, twisted books also!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET! I love romantic water settings!

    My second swoon from Heartbeat (Heartbeat #1) by Faith Sullivan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this book before! I love the graphic you have there :D That is such a sweet swoon! I love it - so different from what I might have expected :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waterfalls and kissing! Nice...

    My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. That is a very nice swoon! And I love the pic you include with it. This sounds like an awesome read!

    My swoon:
    http://www.readerslive1000lives.com/2013/07/swoon-thursday-54-losing-hope-by.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful Swoon! My interest is piqued! I'm going to have to give this book the one-click Debbie! Thanks for introducing it to me! Here's my Swoon:

    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/07/swoon-thursday-25.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite part. Sorry no swoon for me. Hubby was off for the holiday then got a nasty virus on my Laptop. Poor hubby has been fixing my laptop last two days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And this is why we have book boyfriend lol But so sorry to hear about the virus. Tell hubby now he gets to buy you a new laptop! hehe

    Thank you so much for Wanderlust! I so love this book and totally fell in love with Hunter! :)

    ReplyDelete