Swoon Thursday: Sweet and Spicy Swoonitude (CAKE by Nicole Reed)



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!




                                                                                                          ****** 




My Swoon is from CAKE by Nicole Reed. I just starting this book so I can't tell you what is going on between Dray and Kylie. I typed 'kissing' in my search on my Kindle and found this swoon scene between Dray and Kylie. It sounded swoon-worthy to me , so here it is! :)




 CAKE
 by Nicole Reed

Would you be willing to make a mess of your life to get exactly what you want?

Kylie Lord has known Trent Moss and Dray Savage since college. Trent, the smart and kind-hearted humanitarian has had her heart from the moment they met, but someone else always has his. Dray is an arrogant professional football player who happens to be Trent’s best friend and Kylie’s nemesis “with benefits.”

Five years after graduation, Kylie is commanding the world with a new image and a successful business; however, she lacks the one thing she wants and the one thing she can never have. That is, until one fateful night when Kylie decides to go after all of her forbidden fantasies and risk everything.

Two men, completely different and poles apart, but together they are her idea of perfection. One can only offer her tonight and the other forever, but can Kylie settle for just one man, or can she have her cake and eat it too?



                                                                                  Dray and Kylie's Swoon:
 

After the best sex I've had in my life, I'm not sure if I thank him and make a run for it or if we do it again? Is Dray a once-around-the-bend kind of guy or an all-nighter? First, I've got to move around to make sure my lady parts didn't combust. That would definitely be bad.

  "I can hear the cogs of your brain clicking from over here," he sleepily states. "can we just please lay here in silence while I recover?'

  "Yes, or I can go?"

  "Try," he says and yawns. "I'll full body tackle you before you make it out of the room. We are not even close to being finished."

   My curiosity always gets the best of me. "There's more?"

   His deep chuckle sets my senses on fire again. "Yes, Kylie. Plenty more where that came from, just give me a little recovery time. I'm a runningback not Superman."




 
 
                  
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. *Snickers* That is an awesome swoon!! Full body tackle! Love it!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes- that is a hot swoon! Love that she is thinking what's next right after sex and that he recognizes it. Maybe having a runningback is not such a bad idea?

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I LOVED that swoon!!! It's pretty awesome how smokin hot that scene was and they didn't even touch! I can only image how great the rest of the book is! I'm still giggling at the full body tackle ;)

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a fun swoon! I love it! Maybe I'll have to give this book a chance!!!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book! Dray is so awesome! Awesome swoon choice!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAKE! What a cool title! But OMG I love the excerpt that you chose! HA! He's a runningback, not Superman :D

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *chuckles* That was great, I need to meet this guy! Great swoon, Thanks for sharing with us.

    Check out Our Swoons

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a swoon! He's getting ready for round two! lucky girl! LOL

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/09/swoon-thursday-36.html


    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swoon! And I love the "Superman" line! lol I guess I need to check this one out!

    Here's My Swoon Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee Hee! I LOVE! Especially the thought of him tackling her if she tries to make it for the door. :D

    ReplyDelete