Promotion Event Excerpt & Teaser: Escape the Doubt (Shifting #1) by Andrea Michelle

 
                                              Title: Escape the Doubt (Shifting, #1)
                                                          Author: Andrea Michelle
                                       Genre: Mature YA/Contemporary Romance
                                                Published date: October 9th, 2013
 
 
Book Description:
After the unexpected death of her Dad and the haunting manner in which he died Riley Shaw built invisible walls around her heart. Barriers she created to protect her from splintering into broken pieces that couldn’t be repaired. She was unable to move forward from her past letting the guilt of her parent’s mistakes dictate her own choices.

Dean Warren was safe. Being with him was innocent and peaceful because she didn’t truly love him. His words held her captive in a false sense of security. His eyes were deceptive and his promises of never pushing her beyond what she was willing to give were broken leaving Riley Shaw in a state of regret and doubt.

Joshua Parker had the power to take what was left of Riley’s splintered pieces and ruin her completely or make her whole again. He was her best friend, her next-door neighbor - everything she wanted and settled on never having. Loving him was as easy as breathing air. The fear of losing him forever was more real to her than the feelings she couldn’t escape.

When faced with the very thing she feared the most and in the arms she thought were safe Riley finds herself questioning every decision she has made over the past two years. When she finally escapes the doubt in her head and accepts the truth in her heart is it too late?

Is taking a chance with your heart worth the escape or was it better to have never loved at all? Can forgiveness really set you free?

*Warning: This is a mature young adult novel. Recommended for readers 17+ due to underage drinking, sexual content and adult language.

*This is book one in a series however can be read as a standalone.

                                             Escape the Doubt buy links:

                                 
                                           Escape the Doubt Teaser
         

                                                                   ***EXCERPT***
From Chapter 1

I’m too broke and weak to run away physically, however emotionally I’ve been on the run since that day three years ago, maybe even before.

I sigh and laugh although it’s not a laugh of humor. “I ran off this morning after yelling at her for the longest time. I told her that I remember every word, every fight and every reason why I hate them both.” I see that my words disappoint him so I turn back to the window looking away from him.

Today is one of those days where I do feel that hate for them. I hate that they loved so little and fought so hard. I hate that my Dad chose to drown his pain in a bottle and took his anger to the road killing an innocent woman on her way home from her son’s sports banquet for football. A son that is my best friend and the very person I love with every fiber inside of me, changing our futures forever.

Josh sighs and I know he is about to spill his words of wisdom. The same thing I have heard from him more than once. “Riley you need to forgive them. I have. My family has. We can’t go back and change the decisions of that day. But if you keep living in the past you can never move forward.”

They ruined everything. His dad is without the love of his life. Josh and his sister are without their Mom. They stole happiness from them and because of that I can never allow myself to have any happiness with him. A bottle of booze, a car accident, and 6 feet of Earth on two important people cemented my decision to never let myself have him. I didn’t deserve him. Maybe I was punishing myself for my dad’s decision but it’s what I had to do. Every time he would look at me he would see what my Dad took from him. It was too much.
I used to wear my heart on my sleeve. I used to dream of a time Josh and I could be together. Some of my sweetest memories are shared with him. Yet looking back, even within those sweet memories there are bitter memories too of a boy that was already plotting his invasion of my life. 

                                                                                                       ****



About the Author

About me: My name is Andrea Michelle. I married my best friend and I am a mom to 3 beautiful daughters. New Orleans, Louisiana is where I call home but Texas is where I live. I love reading, writing and listening to music (in no specific order and with equal passion). I love to capture memories in photographs. I have an addiction to reality television and obsessed with the Voice at this moment. I love thunderstorms but hate the Spring in Texas. Tornadoes freak me out. I cannot survive a day without coffee or sweet tea. I love chatting about books with friends and look forward to getting to know new people.

Author links: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads


           
                                          
                                    

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.