Swoon Thursday Moments That Steal Our Hearts: Jaxon and Emerson in Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!


                                                                                                              ****

My Swoon is from: Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1) by Kimberly Lauren. Emerson and Jaxon are definitely swoon worthy. The roles of Emerson and Jaxon are just the opposites in this storyline. Emerson is the one with the 'no relationship' issues and she just out for the hook-up. Jaxon is the one whose trying win and tame the bad girl. In this scene Emerson has lost a bet to Jaxon and the loser can't have sex for two weeks.




 Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1) 
by Kimberly Lauren

What happens when you create rules to keep others out?

One thing Emerson Moore has come to terms with is that she is the school slut. She knows her way around a frat house and how to get what she wants. She doesn’t make any excuses for her actions and she doesn’t pretend to be anything different. She is who she is and with that she knows how to have a good time. She’s made rules to keep relationships at bay and avoid the demons of her past.

When her best friend, Cole has his two friends from back home move in with him she begins to think she has met her match with Jaxon Riley. Jax is the perfect mixture of tattooed muscle and a sweet-talking mouth. With “hand” written notes, a voice that exudes sex and knowing just how to get under her skin, Jaxon learns how to break all the rules. But will he just end up breaking her heart anyway?

New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 18 and up.

                                                            WARNING: Sexual and language content                                              

                                                                       Emerson and Jaxon's swoon:

 

 I walked down the side while Jace was on the opposite side of the truck bed. Only my shoulders and head were visible to him. He looked at me and cocked an eyebrow.
   "Um, Em, are you missing something?" he asked.
     At the same time, Jaxon was jumping from his seat, standing right behind me, covering up my breasts with his hands. I tried my hardest to not close my eyes in that moment and make Jace uncomfortable. "Not funny, Emerson," he growled in my ear. "Keep walking, Jace."
     "I took my shirt off to try to seduce your brother, but he refuses to have sex with me," I blatantly told Jace pouting.
      Jace bent over, laughing hysterically. "Oh, buddy; there is something wrong with you, Jax. I'd take care of you in a heartbeat, Emmy." Even though I knew he was kidding, I still smiled back at him.
      When I perked up, Jaxon yelled, "Fucking leave, Jace!"
       Jace walked up the stairs to the apartments laughing. I turned around to face Jaxon. Still standing in front of me, he leaned over and grabbed my shirt from the truck. He slipped it over my head and pulled my arms through the holes as if I were a toddler.
     "You're no fun." I stuck out my bottom lip to him.
       He leaned down and bit it between his teeth, "I think you're enough fun for the both of us."
   


9 comments:

  1. Oh I liked that! Playful, fun swoons are always a nice change! I definitely need to check this one out!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha loved that swoon! It was so cute. I think I would like Jaxon and Jace too! Great swoon!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! That's a great Swoon Debbie! I'm checking this one out ASAP.

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/10/swoon-thursday-38.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao So cute! Funny, cute swoons are my favorite.

    Here's My Swoon Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! Oh my! That was a nice swoon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. FYI.... just picked this up cos of the swoon!! Just 99c!!

      Delete
  7. Thanks Naomi, Yeah, I forgot to say in my post it was on sale for .99 cents. I hope you enjoy this book. I loved it! Can't wait to read Jace's story in the second book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.