Swoon Thursday: Sweet Goodness with Ronin in MANIC (Rook and Ronin #2) by J.A. Huss



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!


                                                                             ****** 


My Swoon this week is from: MANIC (Rook and Ronin #2) by J.A. Huss! I love Ronin and I so agree with Nereyda at MostlyYA Book Obsessed with what she said in her review of MANIC... ("Why the fuck isn't everyone reading these books?! Because trust me, you totally should!")  Ronin is one Sweet Goodness I can't get enough of and you can see why in my swoon for this week! MANIC is on SALE at Amazon right now for .99 cents, just some more sweet goodness! ;)


MANIC (Rook and Ronin #2) 
by J.A. Huss

TRAGIC is over and Rook is ready for the future—Spencer Shrike and the STURGIS contract! 

It’s three months of body art modeling! That means three months of Spencer Shrike’s paintbrush all over her body, three months in front of Antoine’s camera, and three months of twenty-four hour filming for Spencer’s Biker Channel reality show.

Wait a minute…what reality show? Maybe she should’ve read that STURGIS contract a little closer? ;)

Sure, Rook’s bank account is almost overflowing, but Ronin is angry, Clare is trying to escape rehab, Antoine is a worried mess, and Elise is just trying to hold everyone together. Her new family is about to fall apart before she even gets the chance to enjoy them.

Add in a mysterious man from her past, a road trip to the famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and a final show in front of the entire world where all her goods are on display, and you’ve got Manic—a new adult contemporary romance that will definitely make your summer sizzle!

 

                                                                     Buy MANIC now for .99 cents!


                                                                        Rook and Ronin's swoon!


     I kiss him back a little more forcefully.
     He laughs and pulls back. "I'd love to take you in there right now and make love to you, Rook. But I have some work to do and want to call and check on Clare before bed. So I'll come by in the morning, OK?"
    "OK," I say, nodding.
      He leans in kisses me softly again. All the urgency of our earlier tryst is gone and now it's just easy and long. I kiss him back and then lean my head on his shoulder. "I Love you," I whisper.
      His fingers thread through my hair and he kisses me again, only this time it's on the top of my head. A protective, emotional kiss. "I've never dated a girl like you, Rook. You are everything I want. I love all your parts. I love the wary parts, the defiant parts, the independent parts, and your innocence and vulnerability, I want you next to me and when you're not there I feel like a part of me is missing. I'm so fucking in love with you, it scares me."
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love that swoon! That is so sweet but still a bit steamy. Great pick!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that is so sweet.I assuming Clare is his daughter? Their daughter? So, so sweet! What an emotional swoon, Debbie :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you assumed wrong Alyssa. Clare is his ex-girlfreid who's in rehab ;)

      Delete
  3. Awww. that is one very sweet swoon-worthy scene I love when a guy spills his hear, and then tells her how much he's in love with her.

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/10/swoon-thursday-40.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW Sweet swoon! I liked it!! :) Great pick!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the protective and sweet side of Ronin! This is one of my favorite book series ever :D!

    Thanks for sharing this sweet swoon.

    Here are my swoons:
    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/10/swoon-thursday-18-panic-willing-captive.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mix between sweet and steamy! Great swoon!

    Here's My Swoon Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that! I need to meet Rook and Ronin already!

    ReplyDelete