Swoon Thursday: Swooning over Evan this week in WANTED ( Most Wanted #1) by J. Kenner



It's that time again! The beautiful ladies over at YA Bound has created a HOT meme, and if you're new to the game, here's how to join in the fun:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog. We want to know!


                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~ 


My Swoon is from WANTED (Most Wanted #1) by J. Kenner. Just started this book so I have no ideal what this scene between Evan and Lina/Angie is about. But it definitely sounds yummy! ;)



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18142413-wanted?from_search=true

http://www.amazon.com/Wanted-Most-Novel-J-Kenner-ebook/dp/B00DXKJ6PE/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1384443423&sr=1-1&keywords=wanted+j+kenner



                                                                            Swoon


     He pulled away from me then, his breath hard and shallow. I whimpered in protest, terrified that this was it. But my fear dissipated when I looked into his eyes. We weren't stopping. Hell, if I went by fire I saw burning in his eyes, I didn't think we'd ever stop.
      For a breathless eternity we just stared at each other, and I imagined getting drawn into him, lost in his eyes. Melding and merging and never doing without this feeling again. My heart was pounding so hard I was certain that everyone could see the movement of my dress in time with my pulse. I wanted to beg for him to touch me again, to kiss me again, but at the same time I didn't want him to stop looking at me, because under Evan's gaze I felt more alive and real and solid than I had in years.
      I didn't know if we stood like that for hours or seconds. I was deaf to the music, blind to the crowd. There was only Evan, watching me. Wanting me.
      He broke first, taking my hand and tugging me impatiently across the dance floor. I went willingly, following him down a dark hallway to a propped open fire door. He kicked it all the way open, then tugged me outside into a dimly lit alley. Immediately, I was accosted by stench of stale beer and french fries, but I really didn't care. Alley or five-star hotel, it didn't matter to me. All I wanted was this man. This moment. All I wanted was to surrender.









1 comment:

  1. Love love love that cover! Abs for the win :D And omg stale beer and french fries - so romantic lol. I'm glad she was enjoying the moment enough to ignore that though ;)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete