Review & Teasers: ROME (Marked Men #3) by Jay Crownover

                                                                             ROME (Marked Men #3)
                                                                                    by Jay Crownover
                                                                 New Adult Contemporary Romance
                                                                       Relesae date: January 7, 2014
                                                       William Morrow an imprint of HarperCollins


Synopsis:

 Sometimes the wrong choice can be just right . . .

Fun and fearless, Cora Lewis knows how to keep her tattooed "bad boy" friends at the Marked in line. But beneath all that flash and sass is a broken heart. Cora won't let herself get burned again. She's waiting to fall in love with the perfect man—a baggage-free, drama-free guy ready for commitment. Then she meets Rome Archer.

Rome Archer is as far from perfect as a man can be. He's stubborn, rigid, and bossy. And he's returned from his final tour of duty more than a little broken. Rome's used to filling many roles: big brother, doting son, supersoldier—but none of those fit anymore. Now he's just a man trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life while keeping the dark demons of war and loss at bay. He would have been glad to suffer through it alone, until Cora comes sweeping into his life and becomes a blinding flash of color in a sea of gray.Perfect may not be in the cards, but perfectly imperfect could just last forever . . .


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17798233-rome

                                                                                         Buy links
http://www.amazon.com/Rome-Marked-Novel-Jay-Crownover-ebook/dp/B00CGZXRT8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1389646054&sr=1-1&keywords=rome+jay+crownoverhttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/rome-jay-crownover/1115181615?ean=9780062302427
 



(MY THOUGHTS)

ROME is book three in the Marked Men series by Jay Crownover, and I have to say if you haven't been reading this series, then what are you waiting for?! Crownover has given readers every kind of delicious bad boy in this series: bad boy tattoo artists, bad boy rock stars, even a bad ass motor cycle club. But in this book, Crownover turns the table—or I should say the page—and gives us the bad girl body piercer and the all-American good boy. 

Rome has always been a good guy who watches after his brothers. He went into the Marines to protect his family and country, but after a shoulder injury that ends his military career, and after learning Remy his young brother's secret who died five years ago, Rome has come home with a bad ass attitude. But there's one petite girl who's had enough of Rule's big brother, Captain No-Fun bad attitude, and she’s ready to take on the big guy. Cora, who works with Rule and the rest of the guys at the Marked tattoo shop (they call her Tink, as in Tinker Bell), is a tiny girl with attitude herself. And who better to give Rome an attitude adjustment? 

Rome and Cora are opposites that definitely attract. Cora’s not scared of this big marine even though she only comes up to his gorgeous broad chest, but Cora does find she's having a hard time telling her girly parts to shut-up when she’s looking into those beautiful blue eyes of Rome. I love Rome and Cora's steamy, hot romance. I also love Rome's nickname for Cora, Half-Pint. Love it!

I also enjoyed that Jay Crownover showed us more of Rule and Shaw from the first book and Jet and Ayden from the second book. Crownover keeps their story going. I recommend the Marked Men series with so many beautiful bad boys, and the strong beautiful women who tame them, it’s definitely a must read.


My Favorite Teaser Quotes from ROME:

"I don't know, Half-Pint, something tells me reining you in is probably a pretty good time."

***

Not to mention I really did want to see what he looked like without his shirt on, which was something because my libido had been missing in action for longer than I cared to admit....

***

I barked out a laugh. "Tinker Bell."
"Definitely Tinker Bell, but a Tinker Bell that can flay you with her sharp-ass tongue and put you in your place with a simple look.

***
((I had to end this quote in middle of the sentence due to Rome’s sexy hotness))

"I got you, Rome." And she did. She had me any damn way she wanted me, and I was more than happy to show her since she was already naked……

***

"Ah...no, I didn't. If I went to school with a chick that looked like that, I would've remembered...don't tell Shaw I just said that."










                                                                                ABOUT the AUTHOR
 
I'm supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I'm an natural redhead even though I haven't seen my real hair color in years, I'm a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I've been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interesting insight into how men and women interact with each other, I have 3 dogs that are all crazy, I live in Colorado and love the snow, I love music and in all reality wish I could be a rock star not a writer or a bartender but I have zero talent so there is that. 
I love to write, love to read and all I'm interested in is a good story with interesting characters that make the reader feel something.
Thanks for taking the time to check my stuff out....

                                                                  Author links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads








 




No comments:

Post a Comment