Release Day Review with My Favorite Quotes and Teaser for 'Ringer (Summer #3.5) by C.J. Duggan

                                                                     Book Title: Ringer
                                                                   Author: C.J Duggan
                                                                Publisher: Independent
                                                        Genre: Contemporary New Adult 
                                                          Release Date: March 18th 2014 
                                                           Cover Designer: Keary Taylor
                                                                                    



                                                                       Ringer: Synopsis

They say it’s the quiet ones you have to worry about, and she was quiet, very quiet—when she wasn’t busy despising me with a burning passion.

Ringo ‘Ringer’ James has a no-strings-attached policy.

Love them, leave them, and remain the eternal bachelor. 

After a summer in which every one of his mates has succumbed to settling down, or so it seemed, Ringer is on the lookout for a quick exit. Having had enough of the stomach-turning love fest witnessed over the past three months, Ringer jumps at the opportunity to help out his mate, Max, by heading to Max’s dad’s property for a working holiday. 

It’s just what he’s looking for. A remote, dusty homestead in Ballan, with only hard work, a cold beer and a comfy bed to worry about – no women.

Until Miranda Henry.

The privately educated daughter of his boss has returned home from overseas and things are about to get very complicated, very fast. As summer draws to its end, Ringer is about to learn that sometimes attraction defies all logic, and that there really is such a thing as ‘enemies with benefits.’

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20437487-ringer
                                                                                          Buy link
http://www.amazon.com/Ringer-Book-Summer-C-J-Duggan-ebook/dp/B00JDYN8Y4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1396329132&sr=1-1&keywords=ringer
https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/ringer-summer-series- novella/id797741096?mt=11



Ringer is Book #4 in C.J’s mature young adult SUMMER SERIES, a series filled with intoxicatingly sweet romances and addictive, swoon worthy characters. The Summer Series is set in Onslow and it is here where you will meet the ruggedly handsome Onslow Boys - a group of men SO HOT in appearance and so likable in personality that’ll leave you craving MORE. Now imagine that, set it against a sizzling hot Australian background, fill it with good old Australian humour and there you have the Summer Series! 


                                                                 The Summer Series
                                       (banner is linked to Goodreads The Summer Series)
https://www.goodreads.com/series/92873-summer
                            Goodreads    Goodreads    Goodreads    Goodreads    Goodreads




                                                         THE SUMMER SERIES TRAILER






                                                                                  My Thoughts

Ringo, “Ringer,” James—OMG how I love this Onslow boy. I knew that when I read Ringer's story, I was going to laugh myself crazy. Because whatever girl was going to claim Ringer's heart had to be tough, sassy, and give Ringer's smart ass altitude right back to him. And Miranda Henry is definitely the bad ass girl who has Ringer going head over heels, not knowing which end is up. Yep, you can glean my hidden meaning in that last sentence…

Ringer is the jokester, the clown of the Onslow boys, and in no way was he going to end up whipped by a girl like his best mates. Bachelorhood and a no-strings-attached policy. Love them, leave them, and remain the eternal bachelor. Answer to no woman is Ringer's lifestyle, and he was going to damn well keep it that way. Well, Ringer meets Miranda, the girl who made him eat those words, and has his head spinning for her. I just love it when a tough guy gets whipped. LOL  

Ringer has got to get away from the love fest that's going on with his best mates in Onslow. So when Max's dad needs someone to watch over the family farm while he goes to a cattle auction, Ringer is glad to fill the need. Anything to get out of the Onslow love fest. Ringer has no idea he's jumping out of the frying pan right into fire. When he takes Max's offer, Ringer sure didn't know about Max’s sister, who has just returned home from Paris.

Ringer and Miranda are hilarious. These two’s bantering had me rolling in laughter all the way to end of this book. Ringer, with all his cockiness, has just met a girl that can match him in every way. With her sassiness, and stubbornness, Miranda takes Ringer's head and heart on one crazy game of romance. Let the game of love begin between these two. And Ringer and Miranda knows how to play.

C.J. Duggan has gave me and all readers a fantastic, wild, and crazy fun romance with Ringer and Miranda. I love this story of the no-strings-attached Ringer that gets roped and tied by the sassy mouthed cyclone Miranda. I recommend RINGER as a must read in the love fest of the Onlsow boys. Adam and Ellie's story is next!





                                             Some of my Favorite Teaser Quotes



   "You need to get laid, Ringer, you're turning into a grumpy old prick."

 ***

  I was momentarily stunned by the unexpectedness of it, more so when the dainty little hand extended me the middle finger.
   What the fuck?

***
  
A smile pressed the corner of my mouth, thinking back to look on his face when I flipped him off. Absolutely priceless. It had been so worth almost running him over for that look.
 
 ***

  "Seems like I am always opening things for you, Miss Henry," I said, with a crooked tilt to my mouth. I expected her to blanch, to look at me with a double take and some ounce of recognition--something, anything. Instead, she strode a defiant, determined line and without missing a beat, she said, "Oh, fuck off," walking straight through the opened door and leaving her dad and me in stunned silence.

***

    I squared my shoulders, not thinking about that sensation. "If you call me sweetheart again, I will put sugar in your fuel tank; do I make myself clear?"

 ***

     "Just let it be known that if you touch her or hurt her in any way, I will staple gun your genitals to the wall, do you understand me?"

                                       One of My Favorite Ringer and Miranda swoons
    "Tell me what you want."
     I slid my hands over his shoulders and linked my hands together around his neck. "You know what I want."
     He curved his brow in question. I smiled. "You."
     Ringer's face sobered into a serious, stony facade. "In what way?"
     I paused, considering the question. Suddenly my answer held so much weight. What would he take from it? That I wanted sex, a boyfriend? I didn't know how to voice it, so I went with what came to mind, thinking he could take it any way he wanted.
     I extended on my tippytoes to whisper into his ear, "In. Every. Way."
     I heard the groan of satisfaction as I captured his lobe between my teeth. He ground into me against the hut, his tongue gently delving into my mouth, coaxing me to open for him, in every way it would seen, as his hand slid between my legs.



 ABOUT the AUTHOR
C.J Duggan is the number one bestselling Australian author of the Summer Series! C.J lives with her husband in a rural border town of New South Wales, Australia. When she isn’t writing books about swoony boys and 90’s pop culture you will find her renovating her hundred-year-old Victorian homestead or annoying her local travel agent for a quote to escape the chaos.
Novels in the Summer Series includes: The Boys of Summer (December 2012), An Endless Summer (July 2013), That One Summer (December 2013), Ringer (March 2014) and the highly anticipated, soon to be released Forever Summer (July 2014).

For more on C.J and ‘The Summer Series visit: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | C.J’s EXCLUSIVE FB Street Team









2 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome quotes!! How did I miss this serie!! Sounds perfect for a summer read :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Summer series, Nea! Yes, put these Onslow boys on your TBR :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.